Guitar Of The Month For March

Guitar of the Month for March  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh heh...first post.

I voted for Godin -even though I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same shape over and over (but that's because I have issues with the shape, it just doesn't look like it'd be comfortable for me to play...but I like big guitars). Anyway, his --or their, he's working with his brother I think-- attention to detail is just getting better and better every day.

Can't believe I voted for a figured maple guitar. But there you go. :D

I had to vote for johnsilvers, even though i wouldnt usually vote for what is basically a LP copy. I was interested in this guitar since i first saw the thread where he had sanded through the carve top, i never expected the guitar to end up this good after that. It truly is a beauty

I also like the Mustang guitar alot but you should still put strap buttons on anyway, you never know who is going to be in your dads office - some of them might play guitar and you have to let your dad show off how talented his son is.

........ Anyway, his --or their, he's working with his brother I think-- attention to detail is just getting better and better every day. ........

Thanks for the compliment!

Yes, you're correct. It was a two man build.

I'm his brother.

Thanks again,

peace out.

personally I like c-bug... nice for a 1st time.

I love the mustang retro vibe slick.

LP is sweet.

everyone had a nice entry.

godin has really clean work very nice but... not a fan of the control cover? would have made a custom one out of wenge it kinda ruins the vibe he has going. looks like stained basswood thats unfinished? Would have like to see a full on shot of the guitar.

Thanks for all the kind words ya'll!

Either way, also wanted to say welcome little Godin! I've never seen ya round here before, but it's cool to finally have the second member of the Sorbera Guitars team finally a member on here.

Chris

I believe that's the 'big' Godin --he's all of 18!

Yeah, it's going to be interesting seeing what the come up with in the future.

I liked the Mustang guitar a lot --but since it's purpose is to be wall art, I couldn't vote for it. Otherwise, you definitely pulled off the vibe.

Thanks for all the kind words ya'll!

Either way, also wanted to say welcome little Godin! I've never seen ya round here before, but it's cool to finally have the second member of the Sorbera Guitars team finally a member on here.

Chris

I believe that's the 'big' Godin --he's all of 18!

Yeah, it's going to be interesting seeing what the come up with in the future.

I liked the Mustang guitar a lot --but since it's purpose is to be wall art, I couldn't vote for it. Otherwise, you definitely pulled off the vibe.

He is 19. Thanks mick, we are designing a new shape (double cut) :D and are thinking about doing a carved flame koa top on it.

@ bigd, The control cover is made form ebony, unfinished. It's sanded up very high and is nice and smooth and black. That picture is a little bright and makes it look grey, but it's nice black ebony. Thats what Paul wanted, so thats what he got :D

Would have like to see a full on shot of the guitar.

*checks pics* shoot I forgot to put up some full shot ones. Here are a few more detail pics and on the bottom is a full view next to the red guitar.

Edited by Godin SD

Congratulations to all builders. Another interesting month.

Thanks for the votes and nice comments.

I was away this weekend visiting my son and his wife and delivering the LP. Told him I entered it in the GOTM but was sure that second was the best I'd do - I had already seen Godin's. He said something like "its ok, you are gaining in experience and will get him in time". Then I told him we'd need another approach since the young fella was only 16/17. My son is still thinking of some other encouragement for his old pa..... :D

Congrats Godin. Clearly the best of the bunch by a long shot IMHO.