Swirling Video Paint Job Video

swirled explorer

SWEEEEET :D DO IT!!

!METAL MATT!! :D

i'm gonna need a bigger bucket

I was sooo just about to edit that in to my post just for the explorer body alone, but man if you can come up with a way of doing it that would be so wicked, also your going to need a really really wide drum you see how pushing the guitar thru the paint pulls the paint in from the edges he even just about ran out of paint near the end, and if you do a neck thru you have the neck AND the body

!!METAL MATT!! :D

What type of paint is that... and what's the solvent it's not mixing with?

I don't imagine this would work with just any paint and any solvent... and I really don't know if submerging a guitar in water is a GREAT idea.

Must be some sort of paint like vinyl... I just get that impression by how it sticks to itself,, even in the solvent, and pulls it with it. I imagine most paints would just start sloshing around and mixing more.

Chris

If you view the album there's several pics of another guitar that has been "swirled".

Excellent find Matt, much more interesting than I initially expected :D ...is it just me or does the guitar appear to go deeper than the bucket?...must be Mary Poppins doing the swirl

i think that all you would need to swirl a neck through would be one of those 50 gallon drums you buy at tractor supply company and a good way to seal off the fretboard(unless you wanted to swirl that too...)

I was thinking about this earlier. I think you would need a fairly wide drum as well. It looks like the paint only floats at the top, and by the time the guy was about done with the guitar, there was hardly any paint left in the water. If you view the rest of his photo-album, it looks like some of his other guitars aren't done so well. But the technique he used in the video pulled the swirl off very well.

that was hella awesome