Light Colored Fretboards?

Build it, damn it. Now I want to see what one looks like and there is none, so hurry up. What are you thinking for woods? Coco/birdseye would look cool. I am curious if there are any out there.

I've already got it in the makings. :D Mahogany neck with holly cap. The FB is radiused and slotted and I'm now making my own truss rods. I've used Stewmac's dual action hotrods for the last 3 guitars and realized that they are not really necessary, so I'm just going the traditional route. Honestly, when was the last time you made a guitar that needed a backbow correction? If I ever did that I figure its time to go do something else. I can make 6 traditional Gibson style truss rods for less than 5 bucks, just a little cutting, drilling , tapping and threading ... its fun!

Edited by Southpa

I have a few like that. Here's one. I love the look.

P10100311.jpg

Come on Rick, what did you do that? Had to just pop in and spoil our fun, well :D on you. :D jk

I agree though I think that looks wicked, I'd be tempted to make the distinction even more drastic than mahog and maple. I wouldn't go ebony crazy, although I guess rosewood wouldn't be much lighter. Whats something dark thats not too heavy? Also, I like the Holly idea southpa, thats nice and bright in color. Anyhow, good stuff. Can't wait to see it.

Rick500 is that one you built or is that stock? I know gibson during the norlin era did stuff like that but that guitar looks amazing compared to the gibsons ive seen.

No, it's a Carvin California Carved Top. CT3M, to be exact. Mahogany body, tung oiled mahogany neck, birdseye maple fretboard, abalone dots, stainless steel frets, sunsetburst finish. :D