New Bass Design

My uncle decided he wanted to get back into playing bass since he hasnt played in about 10 years and he came up with this concept and asked me if i could build it.

So heres what ive got so far....

chevrolet_logo.jpg

The whole top will be gold leaf

Tell me what you think..... any additional ideas are appriciated!

Edited by Ferdinand_Oconner

Wow, lol that is great, I can't wait to see this strung up. How are the edges going to done, beveled and done like the top? Also, any cool idea for the back, that add to the same theme?

Edited by jmrentis

Oh, yeah I hope you know how to cut inlays or are willing to have someone make them for you, because you must make the inlays the same shape as the body and out of Gold MOP. Ya just gotta man, just kidding but I think it would look very cool.

Edited by jmrentis

as it is drawn - the bridge would actually end up smack bang in the middle of the logo.

Its definately a cool idea but you need to produce scale drawings to see if it would actually work the way you want it too

I really like the inlay idea and agree that has to be the way to go...but ive never done inlays so ill have to find someone who can help me out.

I don't know if Chevy would get mad but i assume as long as i don't market the thing and just build one for my uncle than they will never know and therefor cant be angry :D

I'm working on some scale drawings right now i will post them as soon as I'm done....so far its really hard to achieve the look I'm going for with out having a cutaway and staying with the original logo dimensions