New Rg-ish Soloist-ish Project

Very nice. I must say that I am liking that green a whole lot more than the original, though that is just a personal preference as I bet some people feel the other way. I really like green in general anyways, so it looks really quite appealing to me. I can't wait to see some pics of the headstock now, I bet that will look really cool as well.

It's tough to tell from the pics but you mentioned metallic, so does that mean it has some fleck in it that gives it that cool sparkle? I couldn't remember if thats what metallic paint is or not, though I think so, either way I bet that thing looks amazing in person because it looks great in the pics.

What type of hardware do you have planned for this thing? The more I see green finishes, the more I realize that gold hardware works fairly well with it. I'm not quite sure if it would in this case, though a mix of black and gold might work well. Sometimes it seems the gold and green work better on more classic shapes like LPs and teles, though again just what my eyes tell me. All black might look really slick for this one also, especially due to the metallic finish. Well,, once again nice work, I definitely like the re-finish. J

Very nice. I must say that I am liking that green a whole lot more than the original, though that is just a personal preference as I bet some people feel the other way. I really like green in general anyways, so it looks really quite appealing to me. I can't wait to see some pics of the headstock now, I bet that will look really cool as well.

It's tough to tell from the pics but you mentioned metallic, so does that mean it has some fleck in it that gives it that cool sparkle? I couldn't remember if thats what metallic paint is or not, though I think so, either way I bet that thing looks amazing in person because it looks great in the pics.

What type of hardware do you have planned for this thing? The more I see green finishes, the more I realize that gold hardware works fairly well with it. I'm not quite sure if it would in this case, though a mix of black and gold might work well. Sometimes it seems the gold and green work better on more classic shapes like LPs and teles, though again just what my eyes tell me. All black might look really slick for this one also, especially due to the metallic finish. Well,, once again nice work, I definitely like the re-finish. J

thanks jason. i plan on going all black on this one, but i do agree, gold looks great with green too. i might still. i plan on going with an active pickup, with the overdrive circut from guitarfetish. hoplfully it will go well. this one has been sitting here for a few months now, which is way too long for me. the finish is metallic, i has a very very fine sparkle to it, you cant see it in the pic because it was taken at dusk, and it was in the garage.

well of course we all know by now my camera is best being used as a clamping caul, and i still cant get ok pics with it. let me know what you think

no buffing whatsoever!

DCAM0029.jpg

another back

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0028-1.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0027-1.jpg

front

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0025-1.jpg

headstock

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0026-1.jpg

I'm liking that green color a lot; you must have a pretty nice spraying setup down there, no? Good job!

no, all i have is a cheap 10$ ebay spray gun, but i do have a good air compressor. i broke every rule you could possibly break when i painted this thing. dont go crazy on me, please. here is what i did wrong

used acrylic enamel paint, reduced with laquer thinner, and added urathane hardener, and sprayed about 12 coats of color. but its the best paint job ive ever done, and it cured hard as a rock in 2 days.

Just make sure the finish you spray is compatible with the acrylic enamel. I spent about two months getting my bass the way I wanted it using a spray can of white enamel, only to find out that it doesn't bond with nitro and had to strip the entire thing down. That's when I learned the hard way to test on scrap. :D

You pump out guitars too fast, get some nice timbers and work on getting it up to pro level. Take time to pay attention to every little detail and make everything you as perfect as you possibly can and you will see the improvement.

It took me a while to realise this myself so my first few builds suffered my from my impatience, my builds now are a lot cleaner and only a few mistakes (very minor, ie - slight dents and things bodies and necks)

Anyway, the green looks nicer.

• 2 weeks later...
You pump out guitars too fast, get some nice timbers and work on getting it up to pro level. Take time to pay attention to every little detail and make everything you as perfect as you possibly can and you will see the improvement.

It took me a while to realise this myself so my first few builds suffered my from my impatience, my builds now are a lot cleaner and only a few mistakes (very minor, ie - slight dents and things bodies and necks)

Anyway, the green looks nicer.

well, building fast isnt what causes bad quality work. i usually work on mine from 9-10 hours a day. just becuase i build them fast, doesnt mean they arnt good quality. waiting and building slow is what has always caused the biggest unfixable mistakes with me. if im working, and have all i need right here, and keep working consistanly, then things come out great. but if i take my time days at a time, i dont have that good momentum going, i always overlook something and forget about it and it ends up screwing me over.