Handle Hole Or No Handle Hole?

Lotza_Noize

Handle Hole or No Handle Hole?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got an RG body made of Swamp Ash. I wanted to know what your thoughts were.

Never mind looks guys. I'm looking for...

Q: Should I get the JEM Handle hole put on it? Or not?

Q: Will the hole disturb the tone of the nice wood? Or not?

Thanks! :D

[Rick500: There ya go, poll added. B) ]

Edited by Rick500

i LOVE the look of the monkey grip. if you made your guitar out of solid aluminum that monkey grip can turn your guitar into a blunt force weapon!!!

fuggedabout new pickups and electronics, paint jobs etc... i think its the coolest thing you can do to your guitar.

Had one when they first introduced it. I kinda like the looks, but I was younger and ready to buy anything endorsed by Vai, even if it was made from woodsticks. Methinks it's cool but useless. It's a degrading way to handle a guitar. As for the tone, I don't think it really matters. But it's your guitar, anything that makes you proud of it and makes you want to play more is a great add-on, period.

Take care.

arrrrrrgh. there are so many other coo| ways to ho|d your guitar. i |ike to compare it to a pocket protector.

i think its the coolest thing you can do to your guitar.

you cant think of one thing bettter, |ike say, p|aying it or putting smoke bombs in the pick-ups?

Q: Should I get the JEM Handle hole put on it? Or not?

If you want one have one,

Q: Will the hole disturb the tone of the nice wood? Or not?

Thanks! :D

arnt the originals made from basswood - hardly classifies it as a nice wood :D . Either way i wouldnt worry about tone

-1 for the handle hole. I hate them.

+1 for thinking its unlikely that it would affect the sound of the guitar.

I'm serious man, how do you make this a poll?

For whatever reason, the topics aren't as open to editing as other forums-- Invision might have different options than phpbb for example. Your best bet is to start a new post and look for the spot on that page where you can make a poll... it should be an option, I believe under the text-entry box. Link to the poll from this thread.

I'm serious man, how do you make this a poll?

For whatever reason, the topics aren't as open to editing as other forums-- Invision might have different options than phpbb for example. Your best bet is to start a new post and look for the spot on that page where you can make a poll... it should be an option, I believe under the text-entry box. Link to the poll from this thread.

Okay, this time in English...LOL :D

You can't change a topic to a poll. You have to make it a poll when you first post the topic. English enough? :D

• 1 month later...

Ok.... if you wanted to fix the handle hole...yes, go ahead.. but is way back old school stuff. and it don't look that cool nowadays.

anything on your guitar body like fixing inlays, carving tribal logos or tattoos won't really harm the sound,but painting and finishing process sometime does...that is what i been trough sometimes....those gloss undercot will cause those unwanted wight and also the sound of the wood but is kind of rare... if you wanted to paint base coted use base and non gloss that will be fine.because it will just smoothen the surface that is way better. thanks for putting a vote.

• 4 weeks later...
I've been thinking about making a Jem cigar box guitar. The monkey grip would just be a handle screwed to the top of the box, like this...

251_1.jpg

Now if I can just make a whammy from a door hinge...

LOL! That's awesome. You absolutely have to do it now.