Ibanez Bridges

i was flipping thru a guitar mag and i saw an ad for some metal players signature guitar; MBM1

i really like the bridges ibanez uses....my question is

can you buy ibanez bridges?

i like their bridge style, i dont care about if they are good, i want to get one-without buying a guitar(so don't get cheeky!)-so i can make my own for my next guitar project

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBM-1? That's the fixed Floyd-type thing, right? Cool bridge, but I don't think you can buy it anywhere. Ibanez does indeed have some cool hardware. I'd love to get my mitts on one of those Gibraltar bridges they use on the RGA series. Not for sale, though.

You may try talking to Rich at www.ibanezrules.com. He probably doesn't have it, but if anyone does, it would be him.

Edited by fookgub

MBM-1 is the guitar. The bridge is one of those Gibraltar bridges you refer to. :D

Ah... I was thinking of the MTM-1, which has a fixed Floyd.

• 1 month later...

The MBM1 has a Gibraltar Plus. So maybe if you search that on ebay something will come up. I know I see a lot of Edge bridges on ebay, I haven't seen one of these yet though. Sb, your in Canada so try kijiji.ca its kind of like ebay but its all local. I've bought a couple things off there. It would be a long shot to find that exact bridge. But in a place like TO ya never know. Good Luck!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
The MBM1 has a Gibraltar Plus. So maybe if you search that on ebay something will come up. I know I see a lot of Edge bridges on ebay, I haven't seen one of these yet though. Sb, your in Canada so try kijiji.ca its kind of like ebay but its all local. I've bought a couple things off there. It would be a long shot to find that exact bridge. But in a place like TO ya never know. Good Luck!

:D

Kijiji is in the USA too.Or try Craigslist. :D

• 4 weeks later...

There's a guy in the 'Public Classifieds Buy-Sell-Trade Area' who is an Ibanez dealer. I've never bought anything from him though, but if you PM him or send him an e-mail, he can at least give you a price...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11150

I've been looking for some of the Gibraltar bridges myself before, and I couldn't find them as aftermarket parts anywhere, so I think that an Ibanez dealer would be the way to go. There may be some other dealers in the public classifieds section or the auction and website supplies section at the bottom of the forum page.

Good luck

Heggis

There's a guy in the 'Public Classifieds Buy-Sell-Trade Area' who is an Ibanez dealer. I've never bought anything from him though, but if you PM him or send him an e-mail, he can at least give you a price...

vwall's not selling them anymore, apparently. I emailed about a month and a half ago, and that's what he said. It might be worthwhile to ask again, though.

• 4 weeks later...

vwall's not selling them anymore, apparently. I emailed about a month and a half ago, and that's what he said. It might be worthwhile to ask again, though.

Hey guys, sorry been out so long.

Yeah, its not that we're not selling them anymore, its that we are revising our contract with Ibanez after the 1st of this year.

After that, hopefully no later than Feb, we will be able to offer them and much more from Ibanez.

I will keep you all posted.