Tapping riffs

canuckguitarist

check out the end of eruption, it takes practice and endurance to play all the tapping and play it fast, but it really isnt hard. and in the solo of Panama there is a little though i haven't really tried playing it. once you do a little tapping, you will start getting the hang of it, then you can play it fast and you will realize what patterns sound the best, its super fun even though im not real good at it either

"One" has a pretty nice little tapping riff by Kirk. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but I think you start with your fret hand on 12 and 15 on the bottom E string. Then you tap onto 19, then lift off from 15 to 12. I think it does that 8 times and then you tap on 20 8 times and then repeat the same thing on the B string. I don't know the rest but Wes would probaly know for sure. I'm just a newbie as well with the whole tapping thing.

"One" has a pretty nice little tapping riff by Kirk. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but I think you start with your fret hand on 12 and 15 on the bottom E string. Then you tap onto 19, then lift off from 15 to 12. I think it does that 8 times and then you tap on 20 8 times and then repeat the same thing on the B string. I don't know the rest but Wes would probaly know for sure. I'm just a newbie as well with the whole tapping thing.

depends on which lead you are taling about.the second lead has a run like that but it is very short.alex plays that song more than me...i don't like that one much.i was thinking more of the lead to "am i evil".it has an extended tapping run which is very easy.too much work to tab out though,and they no longer offer it in the books(metallica took that song off of "kill em all" some years ago.)

Try out the beginning of the crazy train solo by randy rhoads. he had a different approach to tapping. most people tap in triplets or sextuplets he liked to do a double tap at the beginning, giving it a slighty different feel.

eruption-evh is easy if you break it up and have the tab, but some of them are tap harmics.... still something to check out to broaden your tapping experience, sorry i don't have the tab on pc :D but i'm sure you can find it on google or something

• 2 weeks later...

there are a host of tapping riffs out there, ill give a few examples.

(high)E---0--5--8--12--0--5--8--12

played fast its classical sounding.

tapping the fret 12, the octave of the open E

(high)E---0--5--0--8--0--5--0--8--

played fast also neo classical, try high ish gain for fun

tapping the fret 8 with the index finger.

see the solo to One by Metallica - good tapping

Midnight by Joe Satriani has fun tapping, but is quite complex