Opinions On Colour

rhoads56

Looks great! Thats exactly what I had pictured in my head.

Yeah man, it's gorgeous. It's a Berlin Vintage Classic (hard tail with diamond shaped abolne inlays). Still no hardware on it, I was supposed to get the bits I needed of my folks and bro for my b'day, but they're all skint too so all I ended up getting was some 500k pots that haven't got a long enough shaft :D Still, I think I'm a bit too old for birthdays.

Got it for £150 - never strung up......bargin at twice the price :D

Sanding without a block? For shame.

You don't see the sanding block in the picture? Check again, it's attached to the end of that round, tapered, colored looking stick. From what I've heard those blocks do amazing work and blow away any normal sanding block. I need to find out where he got them as my blocks are too soft and often leak red stuff all over my wood, which is a pain to clean. :D

Sanding without a block? For shame.

I don't use a block for color sanding the clear. Only when shaping the top. All I use is a hard foam pad. I really don't think that there is a need for a block unless it is a flat top.

I'll second that. I don't use a block when wet sanding contoured surfaces, and I've never had a problem with waviness in the clear, as a result.

peace,

russ

Anyhow, you know it's just a matter of time before W decides calling our language "english" is unamerican and instead decides it be called "american." It will be his next great achievement right after "freedom fries". Ok, I'd better stop with the politics :D

Calling it american wouldn't be american enough... I'd sey he'd go for freedomian

I use automotive two pack. From my research, it does not effect the tone any more than nitro of the exact same thickness, yet takes many less coats to achieve said thickness, is quicker to cure (sandable within 4 hours, buffable within 24 hours), doesnt discolour or crack over time, holds shine or satin better, and is overall tougher.

Downside is that its highly poisonous, gives me a headache if i use it too much (even with respirators), causes skin irritation, sets like concrete if left in the gun for too long (3 hours), and is much much less forgiving... its a very fine line between a perfect coat, and orange peel, or the other direction... runs. You'll need a proper spray booth to use this stuff.