Opinions On Colour

rhoads56

Wow, good call on getting opinions, I've been staring at it for a while now and still can't come to a solid answer. I think it does look wicked as is, but as rick said it might look with that stain/burst you suggested, I'm just trying to envision that stain/burst with the natural edge binding and if that would work. It would likely make the binding(faux) stand out a bit more, it probably wouldn't hurt the look though.

Mostly pointless, but what are the knobbies and pickup rings going to be?

The only reason I can think of that I would not like the burst would be the horn area. With the guitar being such a nice light color, to me the tea burst will likely look too dark around the horns due to the steepness of the carve. Just my own little mind glitch though, others may like this. Of course you could always shoot it lighter and thinner around the horns, but often I just find the horn curves on this type of shape/carve look darker, like the absorb more of the stain or something(Which I highly doubt, but thats how it looks to me). EIther way these are very meaningless things, meaning that it will look completely wicked either way. Best of lucky perry and keep the excellent work going. J

A burst would look good on it, but the simplicity of it at the moment is very appealing. The yellow color is very easy on the eyes. If it were me, I'd leave it as is. However, considering you're teaching people how to build guitars, this is a great opportunity to explain how to spray a burst to the readers.

peace,

russ

EDIT:

Just reread the topic title. Actually, my honest opinion is that you should spell it "color," as opposed to "colour." What's it with brits, aussies and kiwis adding extra u's all over the place?

Edited by thegarehanman

Dang man, that damn near looks like an overlay perry!!! Excellent inlay. I like how well your name fits your headstocks too, works very well.

And just now I noticed what your headstock shape is! It's a mean ass great white shark about to chomp down. I think thats quite fitting considering the continent you live on ; ) Seriously, take a look at your headstock, its the front half of a great white fins and all. Best headstock of all time, now that I see a shark ; ) You or craig should make a crazy inlay design on one just for the hell of it. Good stuff perry. J

And just now I noticed what your headstock shape is! It's a mean ass great white shark about to chomp down. I think thats quite fitting considering the continent you live on ; ) Seriously, take a look at your headstock, its the front half of a great white fins and all. Best headstock of all time, now that I see a shark ; ) You or craig should make a crazy inlay design on one just for the hell of it. Good stuff perry. J

So, what you are saying, is that the headstock will fit this guitar too? Wild!!

:D

IMG_2484.jpg

As for the burst, i think i will do it. To be honest, i didnt want to stain this one at all, but every damn time i just HAVE to add some colour (or 'color' for the yanks :D)

So, what you are saying, is that the headstock will fit this guitar too? Wild!!

:D

IMG_2484.jpg

As for the burst, i think i will do it. To be honest, i didnt want to stain this one at all, but every damn time i just HAVE to add some colour (or 'color' for the yanks :D)

geez, have you been attacking that with a carving chisel? There's lumps & bumps all over that top!

Wicked soundhole BTW & that Great White headstock is brilliant...took me a while to see it but it's Jaws alright

Personally, I'd only put a burst on it if the method was going to be shown in the mag. Otherwise you'll have extra bits on the guitar which you haven't shown people how to do and it wouldn't be a true representation.

Do I remeber you saying that this was going to be a competetion prize........might enter.

And Russ, if you want to spell things differently, get your own bloody language and stop cocking around with ours :D

Personally, I'd only put a burst on it if the method was going to be shown in the mag. Otherwise you'll have extra bits on the guitar which you haven't shown people how to do and it wouldn't be a true representation.

Do I remeber you saying that this was going to be a competetion prize........might enter.

Yeah, if i do it to the guitar, then it goes in the mag. The spraying is hard to explain, so i want to do a short video for the cover cd, but we will see.

We were talking about a subscription prize, but at the moment they have other companies doing that, so probably not.

Mattia, I knew someone would point that out. I think you're just a little jealous that it was the people who became independent of England, and then started Microsoft and Macintosh and a long list of other industrial superpowers, that are simplifying the language and cutting out all of the unnecessary u's. B) . Granted the exchange rate is not being so kind to us at the moment...:D . Anyhow, you know it's just a matter of time before W decides calling our language "english" is unamerican and instead decides it be called "american." It will be his next great achievement right after "freedom fries". Ok, I'd better stop with the politics :D

Edited by thegarehanman

And Russ, if you want to spell things differently, get your own bloody language and stop cocking around with ours :D

Reminds me of my recent tour of the Tower of London.

Our guide said, "How many Americans in the crowd?" Lots of raised hands.

"This could have been your history too, if you'd paid your taxes." :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to see a subtle burst on that top. Almost not even there.

+1