Frankentele Is Done

MiKro

Well the Frankentele is done.

I'm not extremely happy with the clear coat as I decided to try a polyacrylic. It shines but still has that Plastic look at certain angles. Other than that it came out okay. I know many of you don't like gold hardware, but it fits with this color scheme.

Thanks for looking,

Mike

tele3.jpg

Larger Pic of back

Larger Pic of front

another Larger Pic of front

Edited by MiKro

Nice Mike, there is something about the bookmatch that is catching my eye, can you post a pic of the front straight on??? Did you stained the neck? looks pretty vintage to me! Nice match top the back and the green top!

Thanks so much,

Yes it was dyed. I think it turned out very nice. I mixed 1/8lb cut blonde shellac approx 3ozs, added about 15 drops Trans tint amber dye and 3 drops of nutmeg Behlens stain, Sprayed on about 2 to 3 light coats and then clear coated.

I think the 3rd pic is close to straight on. I'll See if I can find some time to get a better shot but It will be going to it's new owner this weekend. I wonder what it is you ared seeing? The pic doesnt show how the blues and yellows in the green interact. Maybe that 's it?

MK

Edited by MiKro

Very nice, classy looking guitar!

I've actually looked a lot at the polycrylic and decided not to for now, until I knew and heard more about it. Honestly, it looks very nice, but I'm glad you mentioned your thoughts on it and plastic look. It looks great regardless and I'm also glad to see how well the color turned out using some trans tint as this is probably what I'll grab, though as with you I'll probably play around with the color. I also must say that your use of that one-piece mahogany grain is simply genius. I love how it fits the body shape. Great stuff Mike. J

The green & gold do go together nicely, well done Mike. I like how you oriented the grain swirl of the mahogany back to the cutaway.

Are you getting a Les Paul vibe out of it? What pickups do you have in there?

Thanks Erik,

actually I have to give credit on the bodywood orientation to Derek from Big Dguitars as this is one of the closeouts he had that I got for a very very good price. LOL :D It had some defects that I had to contend with, but what the Hay, I knew that going in!! That's why it was cheap. The PUps are from Guitar fetish and are the Crunchy PAFS. There okay but, If I were keeping it for me then I would use something else. I like CLEAN!!!

MIke

Thanks Wez for the compliments.

Thanks J and Cap as well.

MK

Wow, the 3-on-3 headstock looks great with the Tele body. That's my gripe about Fender guitars aesthetically--flat headstocks.

It's great to see another unique interpretation of the Tele!

Thank you Geo, much appreciated! I personally like setnecks and 3x3 angled headstocks as well.

MK