Jcm 800 2204 Clone

Hurry and post what transformers you used, because I'm really thinking about making these one or a different tube amp! And I'm clue less about the subject! But I'm pretty good at electronics! I did a search about the brand you used, but there are a lot to choose from and the site I checked got no price list...

for everyone who wanted to know about the transformers:

the output tranny is a Hammond 1650F and the power tranny is a Hammond 272FX. both of these you can order through angela.com for a really fair price compared to other transformers out there.

we figured out the issues with the amps. Our negative feedback loops were wiring incorrectly, and we need to change a resistor value in order to bias the tubes correctly. that should be done over the weekend!!

Edited by wwwdotcomdotnet

the amp works! and by works i mean sounds like a jcm 800!

so here were the issues i was talking about after some troubleshooting:

-one of my three diodes was backwards

-a few places were not grounded properly because i forgot to attach a string of grounds in my last step

-one misplaced wire

i was playing it for about an hour today with the chassis wide open on the operating table and with the gain cranked there was minimal noise, so once it is enclosed it will be great.

once i put it back into the chassis and into the cab i was having some shorting out issues with wire ends and shielded cables touching, so i tried to solve that by wrapping key areas with electrical tape. im still having a problem with it, but thats no big deal. i'll get it solved later this week when i finish the cab completely.

i'll do my best to get some sound clips within a week or so, i just have too much on my plate right now to get it done this moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on them a little bit.

The purpleheart/padauk one is done, it just needs to be sanded with 220 and 320 grit and its ready to laquer. I just need to get around to buying some laquer... but i should be spraying it next week sometime.

As for the semihollow...i glued the bec and finished shaping hte beck. all i really need to do is route the pickup cavities, do the body and headstock binding, and sand sand sand.

• 3 months later...