New Commission

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All will be made clear with the knobs on and a zoomed in shot.

hmm I just realized I don't have any really good pictures of it, but basically it's a half moon slope thats about 1/4" wide.

You can kinda see it here.

IMG_2369.jpg

You know what I just thought? That red makes the guitar look like a big strawberry. So I officially dub the guitar strawberry, and that is now strawberry red. :D

You know what I just thought? That red makes the guitar look like a big strawberry. So I officially dub the guitar strawberry, and that is now strawberry red. :D

Now you just gotta make like a strawberry and jam! :D

You know what I just thought? That red makes the guitar look like a big strawberry. So I officially dub the guitar strawberry, and that is now strawberry red. B)

Now you just gotta make like a strawberry and jam! :D

:D

but that finish does look great Daniel. i like the shape a lot. not too out there with the sharp horns but still agressive.

Strawberry red.... I dig it. Now it's time to bust out the green for the seeds!

Uh oh.... now I've got to thinking how green splatter would look over that trans red.

But I'm not driving down to Texas to find out, either.

I like the knob recesses, but I guess I've just grown too accustomed to seeing PRS' with the rounded over edges. I'm partial to knobs parallel to the surface as well, and the carve isn't too dramatic that it would get in the way.

• 1 month later...

I just realized I never posted the finished pictures in this thread. Sorry, when I post some of the guitars on here I usually forget to go back and post pictures. It's been real busy around here lately.

I actually only have a few pictures of this guitar, but I'm thinking of redoing the color in a deep blue or maybe the original idea of green. I'm not 100% happy with the red, it looks great and all, but since it's my guitar I can have it whatever I want and I just love blue/green guitars. Maybe even a nice carriburst is in order.

08_56_33_7110-710477.jpg

I'm thinking of redoing the color in a deep blue or maybe the original idea of green.

08_56_33_7110-710477.jpg

Step away from that guitar! You want a blue guitar? Just build another one! :D

Seriously, the red looks very good, I like it.

Actually I have 5 in the works right now that will be mine, "show" guitars if you will. So I may leave this one alone. Only time will tell. :D

Yeah in case you didn't notice, about half way through the build the customer decided he wanted something totally different, and normally I'd say no, but since I wanted this guitar for myself anyway I just went along with it. So after that point I threw the seymour duncans in there and changed the specs to what I wanted.

The veneer was 2mm you can go thinner or thicker to change the look at the back.

Mmm mmm mmm.

That is a tasty looking axe.

I didn't realise the bottom of the guitar was asymmetrical, with more wood under the arm. TOTAL suprise to me once I saw it in your hands. That's such a subtle, yet elegant difference.

Here's a concept.

Trans green, with all chrome hardware and white binding around the fretboard and the body? Or is the body too curvy in three dimensions to allow an appropriate binding?

Heck.... binding in aluminum, then buff it to a glassy mirror finish, with the body glossy green clearcoat?