If you only had $200...

want2design

Which guitar would you buy?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the music man axis for me, i have played it, and its quite good, it has a whammy bar!! and looks quite good. sounds reasonable also, but the epiphone isnt a great guitar, ive played these, high action, just nasty!!

mike

The whole purpose of the project was to buy a reasonably cheap guitar (at the $200 USD mark), and modify it by replacing the pickups and hardware, and giving it custom graphic work.

If you have any other suggestions for around $200 USD, I would be glad to hear them...

I know of Squier too, but I wasn't thrilled at the amount of 'canvas' I have left to work with (due to the scratch plate taking up 50% of the body).

If you have any other suggestions for around $200 USD, I would be glad to hear them...

I mentioned a Kramer Striker body+neck (w/ tuners) that I got off of ebay for $55 (incl. s+h) in another thread. The fit and finish sucked. I had to take off the neck, shim it and recenter it (1st/6th strings weren't aligned.) I replaced the electronics (stock REALLY sucked :D) and make truss rod adjustments, etc. The end result was not bad!... and I only put $80 into this project total. I got the action down to about 2mm and the neck is super comfortable (very slender "C" shape.) Based on my experience with this guy and the new price at MusicYo being $199, I'd recommend it.