Another 8 String Near Completion

hey i dont know if your remember me but i messaged you on myspace a while ago about your 7 string orange guitar, aswell as the bass with the extended fretboard. anyways good to see you on projectguitar now :D

that build looks clean, the shape reminds me of the orange 7 string guitar. i like the neck laminates you used, aswell as the volute, clean work

Kenny

That is one pretty neck! What laminates do you have in there?

I'm guessing flame maple, ebony (or wenge) and padauk. Reminds me of something I've seen before....

oh yeah! I just threw in some walnut too...

neck1.jpg

That neck is now 3 years old, and padauk has a way of getting darker with time, but that padauk is as red as the day it was born. All you have to do is keep in in the case when you're not playing it!

• 2 weeks later...

8-stringers isn't really my thing, but this one is amazing! Such a beautiful instrument! Glad you made it a 30" scale as well, I had the "pleasure" do play an Ibanez RG2228 a while ago, and the 27" is not enough, the F# was way too floppy. As someone said earlier, this should be GOTM! Enter with this guitar and see what happens :D