Christmas inlay for my mom =o)

LGM Guitars

man thats to damn cute lol. looks seriouslly good.

*Noob question alert lol*

out of interest how do you do the black lines, the ones on the fur and also around the eyes etc.

*Noob question alert lol*

out of interest how do you do the black lines, the ones on the fur and also around the eyes etc.

same question as him, like the eyes, around the end of the tail, and all the black lines, i'll take a stabe in the dark guess that u mixed some black MOP dust with epoxy and got it in there with a sering?? or what?

Very cool!

Nice job all around.

Your skills are getting better. Nice engraving touches as well.

Craig

Thanks Craig, that means alot coming from someone with your inlaying prowess. I am more than pleased considering this is only my 3rd inlay using all shell, everything else in the past has been done using synthetics. The first all shell inlay I did was quite simple, just a vine, didn't really have to fit anything together, the second was the dolphins, I am very pleased with it, and this is the third. This little guy has 24 pieces in the squirrel alone, the acorns are 2 pieces each of course, and the abalam is 2 pieces. I was alot more careful about having the parts fit accurately all around and not having to use anything to fill it with.

The little black lines are all engraved and filled with black enamel. Then filled with clear epoxy to build the depth and all sanded down and polished :D

oh yeah, all the lines around the outside of the pieces (the kind of fuzzy furry lines around the tail etc) are all cut in, just the black within the pieces is engraved.