My Version Of Multiple Guitarstand

Hello all!

( First, I am not sure this is the right place in the forum to post this ... )

( so if I'm in the wrong place I'm sorry )

I completed these 2 days ago, and I've been insecure if I should post it or not, thinking it may not be something interesting to watch. But anyway, since this is my own design, and it does worked out as planned ..

My goal was to create a compressed 8 guitar stand, having some shortage of space, I tried to make it as compact as possible, and also flexible, cause of the possibility to use it either as a pyramid/circle 8stand or two pieces of 4stand.

The thing I haven't done yet is to mount two "snap on" lock to secure the two pieces together ... and then the last tweak will be small pieces of transparent hose on the small pieces of wood rods on the side of the neck, to eliminate any chance to make marks on the side of the neck if moving the stand and making the guitar to switch from side to side. I'm sure it's not really an issue, but I've padded the grip on the front with leather and foam, and on the back of the "locks" with foam .. so I might as well do the "hose thing"

some of the pictures are not very good "taken inside my kitchen" .. but ..thats life. I'm saticfied with them, being a beginner woodworker wannabe ..Oh well here goes:

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

stand3.jpg

stand4.jpg

stand5.jpg

stand6.jpg

well thats all folks ..

you have a good one

//Ken

I'm blown away! I was thinking about making one for this winter and when I saw this thread I thought, "Oh please, not anothe cloth hanger with hooks" but holy ****, that thing is beautiful!

Is that a Focus (80's) Kramer? I had a Focus 1000 back from 1988-1990, and that thing was sweet!!!!

Nice work. I'm looking into making something that will fit along a wall. I can remember someone built one out of 2"PVC pipe but can't remember when. I also like to keep my guitars in their respective cases. I just don't have the space to take them ALL out at once. :D

Thank you very much for all your kind comments, I'm glad you liked it .... :D

That's a neat piece of work, very clever - must've taken a while to put that together?

Some nice guitars there too :D

thank you Foggy, well yes it took a good amount of hours to make ..hhehehe being an amateur an all ..

I'm blown away! I was thinking about making one for this winter and when I saw this thread I thought, "Oh please, not anothe cloth hanger with hooks" but holy ****, that thing is beautiful!

Is that a Focus (80's) Kramer? I had a Focus 1000 back from 1988-1990, and that thing was sweet!!!!

thanks ... Maiden69 B) no it is not an 80's kramer .. although I've had several real nice kramers that I stupidily sold ... including that american sustainer de luxe model .... .. but this one is a "new" musicyo kramer ... plays very well since I replaced the tremolo block....big differense

That is very very cool. One question, would an acoustic guitar fit in there?

thanks Daniel, well I have another much simpler for my acoustics, but since I really tried to squeeze the space taken by it I kinda "optimized" it for more or less regular electrics .... but it wouldn't be to hard to make a version that is slighty larger for acoustics ... heheheh ..... ohhh noo .. now you got me pondering ..*LOL*

Also do you really take 8 guitars to gigs?! Or is that your entire collection and you just wanted a place to put them all?

Thats my current collection of electrics, and I always try to play my guitars as much as I can meaning, I don't want to have them if I don't play 'em .... so to speak .... keeping them out in the open makes me remember to play em all ... and remember me to practise as well ....

But I do not gig nowadays, but if I would go out n play ... I would most certainly take maybe 2 electric and 2 acoustics or something...

well thanks again for all the nice feedback

have a good one

//Ken1

thanks ... Maiden69 :D no it is not an 80's kramer .. although I've had several real nice kramers that I stupidily sold ... including that american sustainer de luxe model .... .. but this one is a "new" musicyo kramer ... plays very well since I replaced the tremolo block....big differense

Is it from the cheap series they sell or the American? I almost bought one when they started to sell them, but the price was too good to be true. I miss my Focus, I think that I will get the Template to make one! I haven't owned a Floyd in more than 7 years.

thanks ... Maiden69 :D no it is not an 80's kramer .. although I've had several real nice kramers that I stupidily sold ... including that american sustainer de luxe model .... .. but this one is a "new" musicyo kramer ... plays very well since I replaced the tremolo block....big differense

Is it from the cheap series they sell or the American? I almost bought one when they started to sell them, but the price was too good to be true. I miss my Focus, I think that I will get the Template to make one! I haven't owned a Floyd in more than 7 years.

Maiden69 ... (sorry it has taken me a while to answer this)

it is indeed from the cheapie series, "striker" .... I bought it being prepared to upgrade it with new pups and such ..

turned out ..it is every bit as good to play on as any of my earlier much more expensive kramers ...

the neck is absolutely wonderful .... the F.R. was another thing I dredded .. that was the main reason I got rid of em long time ago .. I am not crazy about floyd rose ... and sure enough .. it was a little bit of pain in the rear ... I use 0.11-0.50 and it did seem to be a little to much for it to handle .. then I stumbled across some ad about a new block for FR ... and I just did one for myself that night, mounted it ..and it was a new guitar !! made a huge difference much more than I ever expected ...

Soundwise it has some extra creative wiring with one of the pots being a push/pull pot ... but the sound is pretty much .. hmmm .. super dist .. and super duper dist .. hehehe .. it has those I think they call them quad rail's I do believe they are some gibson low budget pups ...

So over all I love that guitar .. with the trem block ... and I will replace at least 1 HB it is a very nice guitar for the bucks..

have a good one

//Ken1