Prs Spitz

Saw this eye-catching spalted maple finish on the Dan Spitz-signature PRS prototype @ Elderly Instruments.

I haven't seen anything similar before, and with spalted tops being very popular at the moment I thought it might inspire somebody to go beyond the norm.

30U-13217_body-front.jpg

More pictures at http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-13217.htm

i'm a big fan of camo but it looks a little homemade, needs something? definition, but with thinner lines than my mspaint skills

camobody.jpg

I don't get it. Why would I need to carry a guitar when I am hunting. LOL. If you put it down would you ever find it again?

Of all the paint patterns one can do Camo is the lowest on my list, sorry. But I guess if I had to have one I like the black outlined version, stands out.

Now where did I put that shot gun :D

I don't get it. Why would I need to carry a guitar when I am hunting. LOL. If you put it down would you ever find it again?

Of all the paint patterns one can do Camo is the lowest on my list, sorry. But I guess if I had to have one I like the black outlined version, stands out.

Now where did I put that shot gun :D

+ 1 on that.

If hunting or military is your bag, I can see why you might want to mix it with music for a personal guitar, but I don't think many would go for this idea.

I don't really like it much, but I think it was a pretty clever approach. The black lines would ruin the cleverness of it, which is that the individual colours in the camo are in that pattern because of the natural lines caused by the rotting wood... "inking them in" would take away from the point of it all.