My mahogany neck-thru stolen this evening

Southpa

Thats right its Christmas Day and I'm currently in Burnaby, BC at my mother's place talking to you thru her gawddamn primitive dialup connection. I'll be back home in Victoria, BC tomorrow afternoon. The parking lot at my mother's apartment was full so I parked at the building next door in the underground visitor's section. It was around 5 pm, went up to have dinner w/ my brother and his wife at my mother's. Went back down to move the truck to the front of my mother's building around 7:30 pm. The truck has a canopy on the box with a working lock but I found out thats not very secure. Its an older truck, btw. All you have to do is reef on the tailgate and it will pop open. I didn't know that until now.

Anyway, my project guitar was gone along with a bottle of rum my dad gave me.

I'm putting the word out to all you guys in Vancouver area, the link in the link below better work. If not I'll fix it tomorrow when I get home. Been booted off this connection 3 times and I'm about getting sick up and fed with it. I'm going to contact as many pawn shops in the area that have websites/emails, sending pics of my guitar. I already filed with the Burnaby RCMP. If you see the guitar call the cops and refer to file no. 2003-68029. I'm going to the closest pawn shop a few blocks from here and talk to the owner tomorrow morning. I'll describe the guitar as best I can and try to get pics to him later. Who knows! Maybe the SOB will try to pawn my guitar right there in front of my face! What a Fantasy! What are the odds? If I DO see my axe I'll roll up my sleeves tell the shop owner to call the cops AND an ambulance.

I guess I'm still in shock, but I sure know what I will do if I see my guitar again... ACT HARD AND FAST. If you pull off the backing plate you will see my name stamped into the wood, "ALAN GENDRON". The police have a detailed description. Its unique. But I have a hunch I'll never see it again, this is a big city. Also gone is my only electric guitar case, black rectangular coffin style w/ blue interior, yellow Dean Markley Guitar strings sticker on one corner. I had my Fender strat trem arm inside as well as my tiny Fender Bassman (~6"X6") practice amp made of yellow plastic and a Yorkville guitar chord w/ white sleeves on each end. Oh, and just realized, my headphones in there too.

I tell ya one thing, I'm gonna lose it when I see the pics I took of that guitar, just barely holding it together right now. Pray it doesn't happen to you and believe me, even if you have the SLIGHTEST DOUBT about leaving your favorite axe somewhere it might get stolen, BRING IT INSIDE. I should know better. Doesn't matter if you lock up or not, they can still get in if they want something bad enough.

I WILL get some relief one day. I'll probably see some guy breaking into someone else's vehicle and thats when I will go ballistic. I don't care, you don't steal from individuals. I can already hear his bones breaking like a chicken's. But for now I have to carry it with me... it really, really hurts man.

I guess I better get started on the next one.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...?showtopic=3449

That's tough anytime, but it will sure mess up your holiday spirit. Good luck, you might get it back even though the odds are low. I had a cheap car stolen once, it wasn't worth too much, but I was a mechanic at the time and had about $1500 worth of tools in the trunk (boot). I got the thing back and lost a day of work, paid an outrageous impound/towing bill, but the tools were still there.

Not much to hang onto now, but we're all pullin' for you.

Well, I guess I've done all I can do for now. Filed a report with the Burnaby RCMP and contacted numerous pawnshops in the Greater Vancouver area by email, along with the BC Pawnbroker's Association, which has numerous members, with description and pictures of the guitar. I sure hope they spread the word. I will also post messages in alt. guitar and alt.guitar.beginners newsgroups. Hey its a longshot, but I will leave no stone unturned. After filing the police report I actually took a half hour drive around my mother's neighborhood in hopes of seeing someone walking with a guitar case. I definitely had VEHICULAR HOMICIDE on my mind at the time!

The local pawnshop I visited before heading home told me that they can't restrain anyone who is bringing in "known" stolen goods. All they can do is offer the smallest amount of money possible and then contact me. I would then have to reimburse them for what they paid, yes, to get my own guitar back, and then call the cops. The pawnshop requires picture ID for any transaction so then the perps could be nabbed. But if they called the police in the beginning, the cops would take the guitar and the shop owner would be out the money he paid to the ratbastard who stole my guitar.

Thanks muchly for the sentiments my guitar building brothers. Oh, BTW @ Brian will you be updating the download section with my ACAD drawings anytime soon? My next guitar will be along the same lines with a few minor changes. I swear, that guitar was a real player!

That's horrible. You will probably do this anyway but I wanted to suggest talking to local music shops also. If the SOB decides to sell it, he/she might try a music shop in addition to the pawn shops. Of course, keep an eye on ebay also. I would definitely do what that pawn shop guy said - pay as little as you can and then nail the bastard with the evidence in hand.

I really hope it turns up.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I am in the spokane WA area. Also, I visit seattle. I will keep an eye out. If I see it, I will cal police immeadiately. then they will contact you. that sucks buffalo ass.

Thats a sickener man, sorry to hear it. I had my second motorbike stolen when I was 17, I parked it in town, went and bought a lock and chain for it and when I got back the bike had gone !!! I was absolutely gutted, I even went away for half an hour and it was still gone when I checked on it then......It's a feeling you cant describe ......................piggin'awefull :D

Hope you get it back

That sucks hard man. I had my prized CD collection along with a pretty sweet system stolen out of my old Subaru P.O.S. About 75% of the 200 or so CD's are irreplacable. Have you checked with you or your relatives homeowners/renters insurance. They helped me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. It's a good idea about the renters insurance if they had any.

I had my SWEET '76 280z stolen. I got it back but it was stripped and what was left was thrashed. I still have it and will restore it someday.

I live in Tacoma/Seattle area and I visit the music stores and pawn shops around here. I'll keep my eyes open. I know it's been awhile since original post but who knows? It may turn up.