Double Cut/ Prs Style Guitar

Neck carved, Fretboard radiused, sanded to 2k grit. Next is to fret, then I'll rout neck pocket, and finish the heel. I am goign to measure my fret slots 34384 times, to make SURE that they are the EXACT right size. Im tired of these fretting problems ive been having.

Doublecutneckcarved011.jpg

Doublecutneckcarved013.jpg

Doublecutneckcarved015.jpg

Doublecutneckcarved017.jpg

Neck carved, Fretboard radiused, sanded to 2k grit. Next is to fret, then I'll rout neck pocket, and finish the heel. I am goign to measure my fret slots 34384 times, to make SURE that they are the EXACT right size. Im tired of these fretting problems ive been having.

might be a good idea if you check the width at the nut too....just in case - I mean only an idiot would forget to do that, right? :D:D ...lol....

B) jus' yankin' yer chain!!

p.s. good to see a bit more colour in yer grass too!!!

Looks good so far Luis.

How does that neck feel when you're fretting the first fret? I've just done a geet with a slightly smaller volute in the same place and I felt that I put it a bit too high up on the neck. It is slightly annoying when playing all the way down on the neck. The next time I carve a volute I will shift in forwards a bit to be more under the nut.

Cheers

Buter

Thanks Buter.

It feels great, actually. you will notice i made it a lot thinner, and further up than my other ones. The others were a little more in the way than i'd like. So with this one, I mad it thinner, and moved it up a lot. Feels absolutely great, I am very happy with the way it feels.

What do you guys think? Trans Red, or trans black? I have been itching to to a trans black guitar. But i love red! I am more on the side of trans black though.

Either trans red or trans black would look cool. I'd probably go with the trans black on this. And maybe try using a black grainfiller to make the grain stand out a bit more?

Strung it up for the first time today. FINALLY! Its been a while since i fretted one that did not need work. Plays REALLY well, and this neck shape/thickness feels great. I had my doubts about this one, but I think its gign to be one of my favorites. I also settled on deep trans red. I did not like the way the trans black tests came out. just need to finish and it, then i'll throw the conversion varnish on it.