manufacturers

the third eye

so what's yours?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not really fair. I like everything about Ibanez except their necks, which I am starting to LOOOOOOOAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE and given that that's the most important part of any guitar.....

ugh, I'll have to vote multiple times.....:D

By the way, Jackson is not "now Fender" Fender owns Jackson, but they plan to keep the two lines completely seperate from all I've read, they deserve to be considered two seperate entities as far as playing.

By the way, Jackson is not "now Fender" Fender owns Jackson, but they plan to keep the two lines completely seperate from all I've read, they deserve to be considered two seperate entities as far as playing.

Playing yes but building No, they laid off a bunch of people out in the California operations facility to merge production lines underneath the same roof from what I heard over on the Jackson forum.

Playing yes but building No, they laid off a bunch of people out in the California operations facility to merge production lines underneath the same roof from what I heard over on the Jackson forum.

I'll give you that, but when I sit down to play a guitar for the first time what other guitars were made in the same factory might, in fact, be the exact very last thing I think about it. If not then the list should read something like:

"Ibanez/Cort/Yamaha/Fender/Jackson"

"Gibson/Epiphone/Samick/Fender/Abilene/Silvertone"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I chose fender, but only for their vintage RI stuff. As far as Jackson being owned by fender, Jackson was already going down the tube(like every other big mass production company) as far as quality. I'm really saddened to walk into music stores and see nothing but $200 JUNK on the walls. None of it plays well, none of it sounds good (to me), and it's taking the place of the $1000-$2000 type guitars i want to try out. Granted, if i'm gonna blow that much cash on a guitar, it's going to be vintage! =D

I guess in hindsight i should have voted other and chose Godin. those are some DAMN FINE guitars, but again, they really don't fit in the big prodution company catagory.

F1sh

Keep the language clean please

Edited by litchfield

• 4 weeks later...

it really all depends on pref. i love the ibanez iceman...they way it feels and plays... but i dont own one.... ive played other ibanez.. and i hated em all.... ive played every guitar thats on the walls at every music store in my area.... and.... i hate gibson and epiphone... the necks on all of em seem really DRY and... grainy... if you know what i mean....

i love my hamer.... it was one of the last one's in the store... it was my first guitar... and i still have it... i love it so much.... its really comfy, and versitile... i can play everything from blues to jazz, from rock to thrash.... and everything in between....

as for the vote.... i voted PRS.... i have NEVER picked up a BAD PRS..... they all feel amazing....

but dont forget about hamer.... they rock... honestly.. if you havent played one.. pick one up and try it out... B):D:D

• 1 year later...

A G&L SB-1 was my first "real" bass, and I love their sound. On my next bass, I'm copying the contours from my G&L's neck, and I've already special ordered a pair of MFD Humbuckers from G&L.

I also love the look of the Gibson Thunderbird, though. I might just have to make myself and acrylic T-Bird sometime :D

I am a gibson guy through pretty much, but I love all guitar brands, theres at least 1 model from pretty much every manufacturer that I would love to own.