• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm, might be worth having a look at modified backplates as a nice little side line to the tremol-no. Could be quite a good option and I'm sure that if someone buys the unit, for $10 or so they may well get a backplate too.

Just a thought.

Kaj  :D

This is something that the licensee and I have talked about. With so many different backplates out there, it'd be tough. We might just start off with white/black Strat plates and 'superStrat' plates, both pre-cut with access holes for the Tremol-No. It'd be offered as a package: Tremol-No, Deep-C and backplate. Something like that, trying to stay in the $50-60 range. We'll see what transpires. Right now, I'd just like to get the basic unit out there. That'd be a great start. :-)

i cant be bothered to read through 14 pages, so i dunno if it has been mentioned before, but when will this be released?

....but if I said "the release date is somewhere within those 14 pages", could you then be bothered?

:D

• 9 months later...

Oh yeah. I'm quite aware of the other guys out there.

So is my attorney. :D

It will all be taken care of soon enough.

We're working as fast as we can to get the Tremol-No out to you guys. We have all the advertising done, all the packaging done...it's all done.

Except for the actual units. The factory is the only thing we're waiting on.

With quality materials and super-tight tolerances, it takes longer to make the units. It's just that simple. If we went with crappy materials and "close enough" tolerances, they'd be done....but you guys would hate me for releasing it.

I still don't have an exact date from the factory. I know I won't have them for NAMM. I'll guess and say that we might have them at the end of March or begining of April. Yes- it sucks, but that's actually a pretty normal lead time for something like this (top line materials, less than .003mm tolerances). NAMM stands for "Not Available until Mid-March" anyway. LMAO

I'll keep you guys updated as best I can.

Thanks for your patience in all this.

Well, looks alike, but actualy looks like a cheaply made copy! But you can only lock it, no drops and back in tune, break a string only on lock position...

Blah, blah....

I don't think that there is not much to worry on this one, but definately go against him Kev, I think that the major problem will be once the unit is out and someone decide to copy it here in Asia, were piracy has climb so high that it will be so difficult to stop...

Haggard: Imagine being in my shoes:

-I get 5-10 emails a day, from players around the world asking for *multiple* units. So far, the record for one person is EIGHT!

-I read tons of posts each week on forums all over the 'net from players and builders wanting to install them.

It's absolutely painful to be so close.

Hopefully, someone somewhere has learned what an incredible process this all is, and how much work is involved that we, as consumer/players/builders, never even hear about or get to see.

It makes those who want it all the more impatient, but I think the knowledge gained (and getting the info direct from the source) is worth it.

At least I hope it is. LOL

Hopefully, someone somewhere has learned what an incredible process this all is, and how much work is involved that we, as consumer/players/builders, never even hear about or get to see.

It makes those who want it all the more impatient, but I think the knowledge gained (and getting the info direct from the source) is worth it.

At least I hope it is.  LOL

WHATEVER!!!! Just Hurry Up!!!!! :D:DB) J/K

If they are not actually patent pending and just say they are to keep ahead, is that a chargable offence?

No. Patent Pending doesn't really mean anything, really. It's just supposed to be a warning that you're in the process of obtaining a patent. There's nothing criminal about using the term, it just doesn't carry any weight, anyway. Kinda like the old "Patent Applied For" label, except that "PAF" tends to carry a bit more weight and meaning if you ever make it to court simply because you should have at least APPLIED for the patent with the PAF label.

Needless to say, if the guy hasn't even tried to get a patent and Kev takes him to court over infringment, the Freelok guy will receive no mercy from the court for misrepresenting his intentions.

Actually, it is a felony to say "Patent Pending" if you do not have a patent pending.

Yup, just like you can't say 'v2.1.4 © 2006' if you don't have a copyright...right?

Uh, don't think so, no. If you create something (in the sense of writing/creating something copyrightable), the copyright's yours. Automatically. You don't need to register your copyright to have it be valid, but if you want to defend it, you're better off registering it officially, and/or having your copyrighted material notarized to prove its date of creation.

Patents, Design Patents and Trademarks are entirely different beasts to copyright.

i read a whole article on ultimate-guitar.com that talked about that all you have to do to copyright someting is write it at the bottom "copyright john smith 2006"

Well *I* would use MY name, not "John Smith... ;-)

Actually, yeah - technically, you own copyright when you create it, and the notice just says that. The problem happens if you ever need to legally defend your copyright. At THAT point, it had better be registered. But I think "form SR" (for "sound recording"), registering a whole CDs worth of tunes for one $30 fee, is acceptable.

Actually, it is a felony to say "Patent Pending" if you do not have a patent pending.

Mmm, not quite. The fine is actually less than $500 for each infraction, and it is enforced through private infringment actions, not the federal prosecutor. One half of the fine goes to the party bringing the action, the other half goes to the government. No confinement or jury trials, either, from what I understand of section 292.

Still, though, can you imagine getting fined $500 for each sticker? Damn. That's a bitter horse pill to swallow.

BTW, after doing a bit of searching on the Internet, I found a few intellectual property law firms that are claiming it is indeed a "felony to deceive the public by stating a product is "patent pending" when it is not". I do not believe this is correct information in this context. If you are deceiving the public in order to commit other crimes which may be felonies, such as securities fraud, then yes, that deception could be a felony. However, it is not clearly spelled out in the statute that labeling a product as "Patent Pending" is punishable as a felony offense.

When I get back to the office on Monday, I'll check the actual USC and ask our trademarks guy what's up with that.

Edited by crafty