Project Zero

• 6 months later...

I took all the sharp edges off the colors with 400 grit before adding all the stickers. Not sure what I am going for now... maybe a Vernon Reid ESP meets a Lynch Kamikaze.

The main theme moved from a Zero to a Corsair. And yes that is a picture of Pappy Boyington.

So far it has been really fun. I am afraid I am going to have to build a neck for it at some point as this is a very very old (92) Allparts neck with a 1 5/8" Nut. Just tiny... I would prefer at least 1 11/16" but usually I use 1 3/4".

If I do do a neck it will be later though as I will see how much it gets played.

I still have to clear coat the crap out of it. It is going to take forever to build up enough finish... I need to find a local to do this for me as I don't have the patience.

@SR

5 minutes give or take an hour.

@ Sully

Yes. Yes it is ...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last coats of lacquer for the corsair (aka Zero). Switched to Mohawk Pre-Cat Lacquer for the final coats before buffing. I think I like the stuff. It is sticky, flashes off well, and dries shiny. Sands nice as well. We will see how it goes a week or two from now.

IMG_20140524_121219_zpsl7p6pyyh.jpg

IMG_20140524_121223_zpsphoyxg5a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...