"mad Scientist" Seeks Willing "guinea Pig"

As some of you already know I have been ramping up for custom neck & fretboard production for some time now. Well, the time is finally here... almost. :D The idea is to offer necks, boards, and/or inlays to skilled luthiers who cant, or dont want to carve or inlay by hand. The necks will be graded as "standard", "premium" & "select", and will have several options. They will be offered fully fretted, unfretted, with or without a fretboard, and offered with loose inlays as well. I hope to offer things I have not seen offered by other neck makers such as faux binding fret slotting, and multi-scale "kits".

On this neck the frets are cut with a .023" bit that stops .060" shy of the edge of the board creating a faux binding. The inlay options will also be graded. I have many proprietary designs such as "black mirror bullet holes" also shown on this neck:

n6.jpg

All of my necks will be made with a voloute, and without a scarf joint:

n4.jpg

So, all that being said... I need a forum member "Guinea Pig" that has been toying with the idea of a multi-scale build. I am willing to mail said "Guinea Pig" an un-radiused rock maple multi-scale fretboard "kit". The board is pre slotted with the faux binding. The plexi template has pre cut indexing holes for the single bridges available from Allparts. I have used this type of template on parallel fret builds. It is quick, and very easy. B)

specs are:

27" / 25" scale

bridge width = 2.125

perpendicular nut width = 1.6875ish

Fret slots are = .023" wide and .125 deep

board thickness = .375

n1.jpg

Ok...so here is the "fine print". I would rather mail this to a skilled luthier in the lower 48 states who is planning a project that will be finished sometime in Jan 2012. In return I would like constructive feedback, and some quality finished product, or process pics. And a possible testimonial for my website (if I ever actually get it up and running). :D If you are serious, and interested, email me (please don't PM me). I will post when it is spoken for. B)

n7.jpg

I'm totally interested (been toying with the idea for some time now of a multiscale), but I won't be able to finish anything in Jan 2012, so may the lucky guinea pig enjoy!