Project S9 Continued...

rapfohl, on 05 Nov 2013 - 11:56, said:

That modern tele is basically exactly what I want right now...except more like that template in the background of the one shot, with two HBs and a modern hardtail bridge.

And I have always wanted one of your guitars....this is going to have to happen.

Yeah I like the dual humbucker single cut I did last year. It is my favorite guitar right now. El Mariachi kicks serious butt.

And to think some guys made fun of my single cut design. I don't do business on this forum (I am here to learn and teach) so you have to email me to talk about getting a guitar. I will tell you be prepared to wait on one of my guitars or hope I build a prototype you like. The back log is 2 years plus and I really have been picking and choosing projects that interest me lately. Picking a dual humbucker single cut would definitely be more interesting than building another super strat.

I will get a hold of you then! I love El Mariachi. I am ok with waiting, I really need to focus on my playing for now as opposed to my guitar acquiring.

I'm concerned that you left heartwood in there. Even if the wood is completely dry, you have a lot of movement going on against tension there. Maybe not so much on the cavity side since that breaks it up a little but on the top you have a whacking great chunk of it.

Don't be concerned. This is not a customer guitar. This is a $8.00 prototype body for a bolt-on neck. Once I get the cuts the way I want I will redo it from a more traditional wood like Ash or Alder. Then I will move the hardware and neck over to the new body. This is more looking into if I can produce a GL style guitar that is low cost but still has features I consider important.

RAD is that regular plain ole maple? That is just a pristine peice, never seen maple that white before, always seems to have SOME yellow tint. Just noticed it scrolling through the other forum, and it really caught my eye.

It is cheap Lowes white pine framing 2x8. It has dried for a year in my shop and has a very low moisture content now. Again like I told Pro. Don't worry this thing won't be around long enough to go south.

On to decals. Since this is going to be a beater prototype thing I want the decals to look worn out. Also wantto make it look like I didn't sand the pine 2x8s I used for the body so we will add some marking to them as well. After that we will seal the body up with CA.

IMG_20131110_145651_zps140f3b26.jpg

IMG_20131110_145658_zps7f8f1b5d.jpg

IMG_20131110_150217_zpsdf841d1c.jpg

IMG_20131110_151311_zps504a13fe.jpg

Looks like it was taken straight from a Fender catalogue.

Thanks Pro. That is what I intended... hopefully the end result is a real tribute to the greatest guitar in the world.

Also I cut and spliced it right on the center of the grain so the whole body instability thing should be over.

I'd like to see a Dark Witch...

The white witch and the black witch are on the shelf. It is going to be a while before I get to them. They have sick woods involved in them.

White witch is all figured maple (5aaa flamed) with very thin ebony veneer accents under the top, fretboard, and headplate.

The black witch is ebony top and headplate with a snakewood board with very thin maple acccents under each. Not sure what the neck and body wood is for the black witch. Maybe wenge or Figured Sapele (died black)

The black witch is ebony top and headplate with a snakewood board with very thin maple acccents under each. Not sure what the neck and body wood is for the black witch. Maybe wenge or Figured Sapele (died black)

Sounds like it'll be pretty cool.

I was supposed to build all three at the same time when I did the first Red Witch but the S9 still needed development time. It is a much more mature guitar now and I now have the tooling to build them and not ruin or waste exotic woods, unfortunately I don't have time for a lot of personal builds because I have so many new things to work on.

This latest tele project has been over a year in the works. I have had it in my head and just haven't had time to build one.

Now I have an idea for the T9 series that is going to be sick. Sort of a deluxe set neck model of this guitar. Can't wait to build one of those.