3 Teles For 2013

You can "tack" a nut in with glue as well. I do that on my guitars. With customers guitars, I use a really weak gel superglue, and that'll hold it in enough where it won't move, so the customer can't complain about shotty gluing, but it'll be workable if future repairs are needed.

• 4 weeks later...

I've knocked back the neck lacquer with a 1500 Siasoft foam pad and that's it as I want the neck back to be a smooth finish and no thumb drag. However I have buffed everything else with a foam pad in a had drill wetted with water and 3M Finesse-It cream. Its looking good. Good feel but not too glossy. The frets have been finished by masking off the fretboard and going over the frets with my fret leveller. Then using the same technique as the PRS video on utube go over the frets by hand using Siasoft foam pads until they are rounded over and shiny. Good results.

DSC_8079_zpsa823b5aa.jpg

DSC_8083_zpsb22d90f4.jpg

DSC_8085_zpsad06b773.jpg

DSC_8086_zps24feb0fd.jpg

DSC_8087_zpsface2c64.jpg

I really like the laminated top... that line between the red top and natural back is very sharp. With all the self defeating coments I thought that the end result was going to be a hack job, but they are very nice looking guitars :peace

I do have to say iluvteles, you are very hard on yourself as an artist/craftsman. Step back a bit, share some photos, and let the rest of us give you a critique. I learned this in art school and it is pretty hard to do however, it will help you in the long run. Trust me.

I am a bit hard on myself sometimes but I do want perfect guitars and I get frustrated with myself for not making that fault free guitar. My problem is I rush things or don't step back and ask myself what is the best way to do this. Having said, my brother thinks his new tele is 100%. Its just what he wanted and at the right price i.e. dirt cheap.

I just need to complete the right hand tele now. The problem is I'm finding it difficult to get scres that fit through a metric ring and through a imperial pickup and have a nut. I like to fit a nut as I don't thin a little bit of plastic holds together very well. AND this is a cheap guitar so more more money can be spent. There lots of old tins at work that have odd small nuts. Its just a case of finding two.

• 3 weeks later...

The right handed is now complete. Its a cheapocaster but plays very well. Very bright sounding like a vintage tele. It does not look like a £100 guitar but I made it alongside the left hand as a practice guitar. I'm going to put little stickers on the fretboard so I know where all the notes are. It will spoil a good guitar but that's why I made a cheapocaster.

DSC_8346_zps443971be.jpg

DSC_8350_zpsbbf4c643.jpg

DSC_8347_zps3609fd85.jpg

DSC_8350_zpsbbf4c643.jpg

DSC_8351_zps5199b163.jpg

DSC_8352_zps62f573cb.jpg

DSC_8354_zps2d932c2e.jpg

DSC_8356_zps91c92afb.jpg

DSC_8357_zps3b8eaa4e.jpg

DSC_8359_zps1ffde7f7.jpg

DSC_8360_zps9ce61051.jpg

DSC_8362_zpsecec6d74.jpg