progress pics of my explorer

jimmyb

I've never used the EMG 60 but I have a 60A which is the rythym (neck) version. I've never used Duncans but i recommend EMG 1) because the integrated preamp puts it miles ahead of every other pickup companies technology 2) they're really good for heavy metal and 3) their so quiet. I've used a 81/81, 85/81 and a 60A/81 combination and i liked the Zakk Wylde (85/81) combo the best. The 81 is just obscene and the 85 gives you grungy rythym good with scooped mids. The 81/ 81 is good if you like serious amounts of power and harmonics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
hey i'm 15 too........ dont worry you aint the only one.

looks good, though i'm not too keen on explorers myself....

nicely planned, so yeh, good luck

B)

Roman

me three and im about to start customising my first bass ... hahaha that'll be a laugh lol :D dunce hat

and i gotta agree jummy \m/ Mettalica Rule \m/ not sure about slash tho ... hes a knob and a woman beater ...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good,

I had a candy-apple Red Hamer explorer when I was younger....gradually wore the paint off the rear-horn bumping into things.

Then switched to other guitars for convenience....

Just picked up an epiphone explorer in a music store...and amazingly...it felt just like the old one and I could not believe how comfortable I was. Like riding a bike...it felt SO familiar.

good for you.

this is still one of the coolest shapes going. And I have to wonder....does that much wood make for a better sound??? I gotta wonder.

GREAT JOB!!!

Guitarman :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:D Looks good.

Don't be embarassed because there are guys like me that aren't *exactly* experts. (I've build just one guitar and I'm in the process of building two others).

Are you going to do it set neck or bolt on?

Sounds interesting, I'm a new registered user, how can I see the pictures, I just get the text in the message saying that there is an image to see ?

Cheers :D