Sully '71 single cut prototype #1

Looking good!

Where did you get that long 12" radius block?

Thanks man! I have to say that I really admire your improvement of the explorer shape. Wish I woulda thought of it!

I had the 12'' (and a 16") radius block made a few years back by a pal with a CNC. makes great clamping cauls, as you can imagine.

Got the bridge installed, threw the E strings on, and dropped some pickups in to make sure that all was well.

12324895415_40c27b5e0b_o.jpg

Sully

Edited by jsullysix

Sending the most recent one out for finishing today. Then I got started on the next one over the weekend.

Found some Angel step maple, glued it up and then added to a nice blank of mahogany. This one may get a Floyd. (There's a bit of a filter on the body pic - kinda makes the mahogany not look like mahogany)
12399797184_88a700a010.jpg
12420673673_abc612447e_o.jpg
sully

Nice one there Mr Sully... Love the top.

Thanks Doug!

That is some pretty cool looking maple. And i like that it is more brown in color.

Thanks! Sadly, the coloring is due to the instagram filter lol. It's as light in color as the top on the previous page. I just wanted to increase the contrast to bring out the figuring (wasn't near any naphtha at the moment).

Sully

• 4 months later...