Just Your Average SS Build

Now it's more interesting... I like it!

Thanks! It was kind of boring before...

nice man, that looks extremely clean and uniform.

I still cant get maple to take dye that evenly. I always get insanely blotchy spots. Maybe it is the qulity of maple.

Thanks! I had a problem with blotchyness until I started sanding to a finer grit before dying. Now I go to 600 grit and it seems to take the dye (at least analine dye) more evenly. With this one I sanded back to about where you see it now and used a very very diluted dye mix to even it all out. It didn't come out that good just after sanding alone...

Hey thanks Stu!

Finished this one up yesterday, well besides the cavity cover I forgot to make :blink:

Got it all set up and intonated, it has nice low action (1.8mm Low E and 1.5mm High E) at the 24th fret. I'm very happy with it, it plays effortlessly and it's very snappy. It will cut through a heavy mix for soloing perfectly.

I went with Dimarzio Gravity Storm in the bridge and Fred in the neck, this combo makes for a real harmonic screamer!

Simple electronics just a volume and an on/on miniswitch, with a recessed barrel jack...

No sunlight here in Upstate NY for a week straight so here's some crappy inside pics...

012_zps3e67395b.jpg

003_zps027a6391.jpg

001_zpsf5bf1c5d.jpg

010_zps67eb6448.jpg

015_zps1d305c53.jpg

016_zpscb22145b.jpg

018_zpsab303e73.jpg

nice man, that looks extremely clean and uniform.

I still cant get maple to take dye that evenly. I always get insanely blotchy spots. Maybe it is the qulity of maple.

Use water with your dye not alcohol and wet the top before starting the dye process this allows the dye to flow without blotches. Also if there is any glue on the surface you must sand through it first. On a veneer the glue can be embedded in the grain and there is no way to make it take dye evenly. In this case use a transtint in a layer of clear to control the color of the top instead.