2.5itim's semi hollow single cut.

I guess I can go ahead and get a build thread going on this and get it caught up, I started this build on Wednesday. This will be a thin line tele type build. 

Specs,

african mahogany body, curly maple top, curly maple neck, Birdseye maple 22 fret fretboard, Purple Heart veneer between the neck and fretboard, back of the headstock and heel will be Purple Heart, bigsby (haven't gotten yet), filtertron pickups (haven't gotten yet), lmi dual action truss rod with a spoke wheel, medium jumbo fretwire, gotoh tuners (haven't gotten yet. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Worked on this pretty late into the night trying to finish thicknessing the top until I had a little mishap with my router, I got pretty dang lucky here. I had my extra long router base on the router, shut the power off and grabbed the base, while the motor was winding down my hand slipped and took a good chunk out of 2 of my fingers!! A little peroxide and gauze and were good to go, finished thicknessing the top this morning. I had to go a little thinner than I originally planned, I wanted to go to 1/4" but ended up at 3/16" but it's nice and sturdy I think it should hold up just fine. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Worked on this pretty late into the night trying to finish thicknessing the top until I had a little mishap with my router, I got pretty dang lucky here. I had my extra long router base on the router, shut the power off and grabbed the base, while the motor was winding down my hand slipped and took a good chunk out of 2 of my fingers!! A little peroxide and gauze and were good to go, finished thicknessing the top this morning. I had to go a little thinner than I originally planned, I wanted to go to 1/4" but ended up at 3/16" but it's nice and sturdy I think it should hold up just fine. 

Thanks guys!! The f hole has gotten so many compliments, I think it's a keeper. 

Simpleone, I'm the same way. I've been using routers for years and years and think that I've just become to comfortable, this has definitely made me take a step back. 

Haha I'm kind of an accident waiting to happen, although up until recently I had been doing really good (almost 5 years without getting hurt). What's crazy is I usually do some straight stupid stuff on motorcycles and off road vehicles but it's the usually non dangerous things that get me. Lol

Been busy in the shop today, I've been getting 5 neck blanks laminated up over this week and finished glueing the last one, will be getting them thicknessed level tomorrow. 

But i got my spoke wheel in the mail today, I ground off the old adjustment nut on this stewmac lo pro 2 way truss rod and am in the process of trying to figure out how I'm gonna get this spoke wheel to work. The only way I can think is to get a nut the same thread pitch, screw it on and weld it to the flat bar, then weld the spoke wheel to the threaded rod. Does this seem like it'd work to y'all?

i also got my truss rod slot cut and clearance cut the neck for the spoke wheel, for some reason after checking and double checking and triple checking my truss rod slot ended up about .02 to deep so I think I'm probably gonna need to put a filler strip of veneer on top of the rod before I put the fretboard on.

also got the fret slots cut on the fretboard blank. I still can't get over the amazingness of this board. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welding worked just fine I just had to turn my amperage way down. So I'm not sure that this is right, when I rotate the spoke wheel the truss rod curves like its suppose to but when I let go of the spoke wheel it just goes back to its original place and the rod straightens out. 

Im thinking that this type of setup won't work with the way the stew Mac is not threaded on the other end, it's welded. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm ready to pull my hair out!! Lmi will not sell there truss rod without the nut welded on and they said it's not possible to put a spoke wheel on that truss rod, stewmac confirmed its not possible to put a spoke wheel on there low pro truss rod because of the design of the nut and I can't just switch over to the hot rod with spoke wheel truss rod because the hot rod measures .218 wide and I already cut my slot .25 wide for the low profile. 

I just ordered a lmi dual action, when it gets in I am going to measure the od of there nut, drill out my spoke wheel to that size, slide the spoke wheel on and weld it to there existing nut. At least this is my plan and I hope that it works lol. 

It's entirely possible that once installed it will be fine.  The pressure on the bent bar will put force onto the welded nut, which will increase the friction on the turning thread.

Clearly, you don't want to risk it without knowing, so why not route a slot in some scrap wood, pop it in and glue (or just clamp) a cap on it and try it,. If you wrap some plumbers PTFE tape around it, you should be able to just slide it out when you've tested it rather than having to cut it out again.