Black Limba Flying V

Stu.

5 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

Very very cool! I guess that the inlays were cast-in-place rather than the inlays being cast in HDPE and inserted into the board?

Yep! I think that I used some (pre-warmed) Z-Poxy PT39 and then filled the routs. It was too viscous though, so I won't do that again. I was actually thinking about casting a sheet in the future, cutting out, and then gluing into place. I think that gives less room for error, more options for removing bubbles, and sharper inlay shapes (thinking back to a tutorial on PG for making glow in the dark side dots).

23 hours ago, ScottR said:

I confess to have completely forgotten about this pointy weapon. Nice to see it again!

SR

I keep forgetting about it too! I get distracted far too easily, so now I'm making lists and becoming a productivity master. Time to join the 5am Club*.

*Not a chance.

9 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

For a second I thought you'd managed to take a chunk out of the back of the guitar and I see after a closer look that it's access for the control cover that's very well hidden, fantastic job on the grain match. Now hurry and get some strings on it :D 

Those little access scoops are more hassle than they're worth. I should have validated them elsewhere, because they don't work too well!

12 hours ago, Stu. said:

Time to join the 5am Club*.

Had to do a search for that and as I suspected it was nothing new: I had read about the 6 am club either by Dale Carnegie or Frank Bettger who had learned it from someone else. Nothing new under the sun, setting the wake up time yet an hour earlier is no novelty! Funny how every generation manages to find someone who can make millions by selling ancient ideas as their own.

Way back when I was a representant our boss gave us a C-cassette containing some high price education material. The guy told that to be successful the salesman has to act like the deal is already closed i.e. believe that it's going to happen no matter what and is just waiting to become reality. I burst into laughing in my car as that was almost word to word what I just had read in the New Testament! What a revolutionary new idea, only 2000 years old...

• Like 1