Greatest riffs ever

natethegreat86

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you just said.

Hahaha, I'm confused too... :D

Weezerboy, there are 2 versions of the song.

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

and

Voodoo Chile

There is a difference....which I can't remember....I'll see if I can find it.

um....you say what now? B)

I have no idea what you just said.

Hahaha, I'm confused too... :D

Weezerboy, there are 2 versions of the song.

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

and

Voodoo Chile

There is a difference....which I can't remember....I'll see if I can find it.

um....you say what now? B)

sorry...I get you 2 confused sometimes...I dunno why...sorry, I meant Ren.

peephole - System of a down

funky monks - RHCP

they the only two I can think of right now that I loveto play

I'm a huge Jimi Hendrix fan and have almost everything on CD he did, even alot of bootlegs that wasn't released. I do know of one more version called Voodoo Chile Blues which was released in '94 by MCA on a album called Jimi Hendrix:Blues. I don't know if you can get it again, but I'm still hanging onto my copy since it's a great album. I'm sure he had even more versions of that song but those are the only three I can remember at them moment.

these are actually in order:

1. classical gas - clapton

Umm... that's Mason Williams.

actually, clapton made a version that didn't involve instrumental input. it was pure classical guitar. if your into downloading, search for his version and see the differance. if you want a link to a tab of his version, go here.

i can only assume that he made a version of his own.

gobbo im not sure if thats a typo... but i believe you have a linkin park song in that list!

lol.

Man you guys with your shredder-dom... what about the simple greats like CHET ATKINS MAN!

lol, i guess my finger slipped

these are actually in order:

1. classical gas - clapton

Umm... that's Mason Williams.

actually, clapton made a version that didn't involve instrumental input. it was pure classical guitar. if your into downloading, search for his version and see the differance. if you want a link to a tab of his version, go here.

i can only assume that he made a version of his own.

That appears to be the same as the Mason Williams one... there's no Clapton version of CG in the allmusic database either. And Williams' original one was exclusively classical guitar.

.... there's no Clapton version of CG in the allmusic database either.  And Williams' original one was exclusively classical guitar.

As a (very) young child, I clearly remember seeing Mason and Glen Campbell playing Classical Gas on television, just two nylon string acoustics. It was one of the reasons I took up guitar in the first place. The single had orchestral backing. If Clapton has ever recorded it, it's the best-kept secret in rock'n'roll. Surprise, another internet tabster that got something wrong. :D

.... there's no Clapton version of CG in the allmusic database either.  And Williams' original one was exclusively classical guitar.

As a (very) young child, I clearly remember seeing Mason and Glen Campbell playing Classical Gas on television, just two nylon string acoustics. It was one of the reasons I took up guitar in the first place. The single had orchestral backing. If Clapton has ever recorded it, it's the best-kept secret in rock'n'roll. Surprise, another internet tabster that got something wrong. :D

Interesting... I've heard the orchestral version on the radio, but I've never been able to find it for download...

so today i found a riff thats absolutely amazing to play. its not hard, its not amazing, and it probably doesnt sound good either, but i find it fun as hell to play. its "circles" by "rainbow butt monkeys"... and i give ten points to anyone who can come up with what rainbow butt monkeys are called today (yes, yes its a real band)