I'm in a bit of a rut

Adam Brown

Fellas,

I really don't know what to do...

I need to plane my mahogany body to make it perfectly flat on top, so that I can add my maple top, which I can't glue together cause the two pieces need to be planed...

The thing is, is that I don't know anyone with a planer... and there is NOBODY in my area who will rent them out.

Do any of you guys have any ideas of what I can do?

As it stands, my Les Paul has been in a limbo state for about two weeks

Naw Wes, no shops around here... I spent yesterday driving from place to place.

Derek lives about a Day away from me... (I think)

The folks who live in Toronto are much closer.. like five hours

In all of Montreal, there are no wood working shops? :D No kitchen cabinet makers, furniture makers, etc.?

Naw Wes, no shops around here... I spent yesterday driving from place to place.

Derek lives about a Day away from me... (I think)

The folks who live in Toronto are much closer.. like five hours

In all of Montreal, there are no wood working shops? :D No kitchen cabinet makers, furniture makers, etc.?

My friend, I will look through the yellow pages to see what I can find.

how close are you to derek?

18 hours last time i went to montreal :D

I can't beleive there isn't one specialty / exotic hardwood store in your area :D

there's like 50 strip joints, a million restaurants, and not one wood shop? :DB) ?

Did you take shop in jr high or high school??

It will probably be easier to take a flat board, stick a few sheets of sandpaper on it and lay the body on top and sand like that. You will probably work up a bit of a sweat but the body will be flat enough to attach your maple top.

Keith

I would use a piece of glass if you have such a thing. They are nice and flat. I happen to have an old table with glass squares in the basement that I use for doing things that require a wide flat surface. If you don't have it, then wood would be my second choice. I think hardware stores sell glass panes cheap don't they?

SCORES!!

Fellas, I've started hand-flattening, the body... but guess what!? Apparently my buddy Tood is neighbors with a guy who manages THREE hardware stores... He said that he has a thickness planer, and a joint planer. He'll even do it for me!

I'm people who knows people who knows people :D

heh heh

SCORES!!

Fellas, I've started hand-flattening, the body... but guess what!? Apparently my buddy Tood is neighbors with a guy who manages THREE hardware stores... He said that he has a thickness planer, and a joint planer. He'll even do it for me!

I'm people who knows people who knows people B)

heh heh

:D