Experience level

angry_jeremy

How many have you built?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a good way through my first one! good planning pays off! make sure every thing adds up!

I've built a few, rebuilt quite a few, and repaired/refinished too many to count, lol. I think everyone is satisfied with my work, no compaints anyway. I hope the SOB who stole my last project is satisfied. I have nightmares of him/her/IT stripping it down and selling off the hardware then tossing the body in the dumpster.

One that started life as a dodgy strat copy - Been hollowed out. Needs a bit of glueing and then painting. Nearly done. Gonna re-wing the pups once the winder is up and running.

One from scratch (Double cut Les Paul)- Come to a grinding halt at the moment. B) Need to do fret board, route for pups, make pups and finish. Neck finished and looking good :D Just need a bit of cash to finish.

Acrylic warlock bass in planning for my brother - just body and a bit of a headstock fiddle. Doing a few experiments at the moment, got something special planned for a sort of finish.

Tube amp and effects in pipeline for when I get a new job.

Hmmm, it goes from building one, to a pro... just like a lot of people in this forum!

Aint that the truth.

I'd also like to note that a lot of people think that being in the process of building is the same as having built. Whilst having a project underway may give you significant insight into some of the processes you've used, it *does not* give you expansive knowledge of guitar building. That only comes with having completed and played your instruments - that's the test of whether your techniques and abilitites are actually sound. Even then, you cannot offer any insight into the longevity of your gluejoints, finishes etc until the instrument has been subjected to a few years of playing...

This isn't about elitism, it just that people can go to any number of places to get babbling, untested assertions about what makes a good guitar. The point of difference which should make places like this better than harmony central etc, is that people are actually basing their assertions on empirical evidence, not heresay and manufacturer half truths...

• 4 weeks later...

i put that id built one which isnt technically true but you didnt have a "Half way through first one" option lol

i havnt really built it from scrtatch. just bought a body and neck, repainted with a custom paint job and am gonna play about with the electronics a bit......ok maybe playing about with the electronics alot :D lol

i plan to built lots more in the future, just that atm i have too much work and not enough cash (i get the feeling alot of people have this problem as well lol)

I've always tinkered with guitars as long as I've played with electrics. I had to rebuild my first one with parts from Radio Shack and an old Formica counter top for the scratch plate.

This is going to be a life long hobby for me. I want all these guitars and now that I've built a few (who's counting at this point), it's easier for me to build than buy. Plus working with my hands keeps the voices in my head quiet. :D

I've built a few, rebuilt quite a few, and repaired/refinished too many to count, lol. I think everyone is satisfied with my work, no compaints anyway. I hope the SOB who stole my last project is satisfied. I have nightmares of him/her/IT stripping it down and selling off the hardware then tossing the body in the dumpster.

Was it Kench? :D

I've built a few, rebuilt quite a few, and repaired/refinished too many to count, lol.  I think everyone is satisfied with my work, no compaints anyway.  I hope the SOB who stole my last project is satisfied.  I have nightmares of him/her/IT stripping it down and selling off the hardware then tossing the body in the dumpster.

Was it Kench? :D

B)

I could show you pictures of at least 40+ different bodies (photography being another hobby of mine) I've built, but some met untimely early endings against the Wall Of Death or burned in the Fires Of Death or just chalked up to Early Retard Syndrome (= On The Job Training :D ). But they were all custom, highly individualistic hand built bodies and guitars with custom tops and whatnots...

But I would never be able (nor want) to be a repairman at a music store. On other forums where there are a lot of guitar questions, I can't answer 75% of them. MIA this, MIJ that, CE series, NJ series, what the hell IS all that friggin' stuff, it's all Greek to me. B)

I rarely bother to look in guitar stores anymore, I am 'off on my own path' one might say...

...so where's the catagory for that? :D

• 5 weeks later...