What do you use to make the strings move?

El Dangerouso

Please vote for how you (primarily) make the strings move.  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just interested in seeing the variety. Clearly this is a personal choice, and I don't think one is any better than the other. It's all about expressing YOURSELF. That being said....

Primary

Dunlop Big Stubby 2.0mm

Secondary

Right hand multifinger tap

Hybrid

(Very Rarely) Fingerstyle

Love to see how others make it happen!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Clayton 1mm pics.

Used a violin bow before. Side note....Kashmir is not the Zeppelin song that featured it. It was Dazed and Confused. Jimmy Page also used the technique on a Yardbirds song that I cant remember the name of.

Pick? What's a pick?????

Index, middle and thumb, and if I need it the ring finger......did I mention I play bass? I know a lot of bass players use a pick but I never tried it for more than 3 or 4 seconds - about the time it takes for the pick to fly out of my hand and I have to use my fingers anyway! :D

I tried a pick on the mandolin and I really like the way it sounds but I can't train my retarded hand to hold it, so I just use my fingers to pick and my thumb to strum.

.46 Jim Dunlop Nylon is my primary. I play some nasty rhythm guitar, and I think the light gague gives a better sound (plus I don't break my strings). I do ttend to bang a lot and when I was using medium Fender picks, strings were a' snappin'. I tried the Fender light gague, but those picks broke 1 a song. My friend gave me one of these nylons, and I love it. Only problem is that it has the gripper things on it, which is good for holding the pick, but sometimes, when I'm play extremely fast strumming patterns (a la Shane Barnard) it's easier to use the shorter rounded sides, but the grippers tend to stick to the strings and then go flyin' :D.

Lisa Simpson "In the future people will grow an extra finger"

Bart "Five fingers? Ewwwww! Freak show!''

My brother had a teacher who had 5 fingers and a thumb on each hand, a birth defect but all fully functional. That guy should take up the guitar!