me and the guitar were getting along tonight..

krazyderek

my hands were feeling better then usual tonight, first time i felt good enough to record something in a long time..

Derek - Technical insanities

it's a pretty cool riff, then the harmony comes in... no idea where to go with it after that though..

my hands were feeling better then usual tonight, first time i felt good enough to record something in a long time..

Derek - Technical insanities

it's a pretty cool riff, then the harmony comes in... no idea where to go with it after that though..

Stay with the harmonic you pulled at the end (keep the riff underneath it), with a slow slight trem dive of a semi tone or two. Then follow the riff with some A.H.'s every two or three seconds to match the beat, holding each note, proceeding down in pitch with each one, then into a monster sweep (to match the one in the riff, but an octave up or so). Then into your usual lead work, which i love.

Ive got a few of your songs in my "jukebox" that i listen to regularly.

you > :D

me > B)

Ive got a few of your songs in my "jukebox" that i listen to regularly.

you >  B)

me >  :D

where are these songs located?i have never heard of them.

i don't find them on dreamland guitars :D

Hi Wes, Derek linked them here a while back, prolly before xmas. There were three or four songs.

Hey Derek:

That Riff is good....but why did you mix it with this INSANE amount of reverb/delay? It sounds muddy and sloppy although it is played really tight and correct. It ruins the riff for me....why not just use a cleaner sound like on your other records? I think you wanted the sound fatter & fatter, but just back that reverb off and it will sound great I think....

Hey Derek:

That Riff is good....but why did you mix it with this INSANE amount of reverb/delay? It sounds muddy and sloppy although it is played really tight and correct. It ruins the riff for me....why not just use a cleaner sound like on your other records? I think you wanted the sound fatter & fatter, but just back that reverb off and it will sound great I think....

just my opinion but i LOVE the sound of the delay and reverb

sounds great!!

what gear were you using for it?

how many guitar tracks did you record?

thanks again :D

most of the songs i just use the built in effects in my portable zoom 1024 8 track

with built in drum machine.

most songs have an average of 6 guitar tracks.

It sounds great, Iron maiden could make a complete song from that riff.

There was a zwylde guy on here and posted some solo song just a couple days ago, with his solso and your riffs on there could make a deadly song,

Not to change topic but wouldnt that be neat if a guy had a complete band all from all over the world and never met, made a complete record and got a record deal and met one day to play gigs, that would be cool, bet it will happen some day??!

Anyways never mind that! You got some good stuff going on there derek! I should post a couple bass solos of mine some day for you boys to listen to, maybe some time this year, i will have to burrow a recorder and do er up.

Neways

:DB)