Amplifier Buzzing

JamesRaven23

Hello, I bought a new (used) guitar a couple of days ago(Ibanez RG320) and I ordered an amp from ebay which just arrived today(Fender Frontman 38w) When I powered it up, I noticed that there's a low buzzing/humming sound which increased when I turned up the Gain and Drive volume knobs. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I got a defective amp?

Thank you,

James

Well the buzzing doesnt get too bad unless I click on the drive select switch .. I'm not sure what's the pupose of the switch, all it does is make the buzzing REALLY loud when i turn the gain volume higher than zero.

James

Wait... one question: does it buzz on the clean channel (and no distortion pedals or any of that stuff)?

my Peavey used to buzz like mad when i got it (used) turned out there was lots of dust in the utput jack of the amp, give a little blow in, close your eyes, dust hurts in the eyes, if it aint that, I am stumped as well

Curtis

• 4 weeks later...

"I have a suspicion that the power outlet isn't properly grounded"

I have the same problems with my amp. However, I brought it over to someone else's house, and used it in a rehearsal studio, and there was NO buzzing. Only when i used it in my own apartment. I think the problem lies with your power outlet.