Which one, in your opinion, has the best techic

Kirk Hammett

Which one, in your opinion, has the best techic  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok these are my top-guitarists.... now i wonder who is yours

too bad you aren't the real kirk hammett...

btw i would rather listen to hammett than any of those guys you mention

:D Hammet's such a boring player. I chose Van Halen... i mena he didn invent tapping.

From that list, I guess it would be a Stevie / Ying-Wee shootout.

My personal favorite player who is long on good technique (tre chic) is Al DiMeola, but he's just my favorite, I'd take Al anyday anytime over anyone on that list.

Danny Gatton would be hovering around the top somewhere.

That Rusty Cooley fellah ain't no slouch neider. :D

Has anyone in here read the topic of the thread at all????

The question is who of the listed player hast THE BEST TECHNIQUE, not which player you like best....it is strange to come up with players like Hammet and Clapton(slowhand) who both have average technique at best....Note that I don't want to diss them....technique is not all that counts

in your (rather boring)opinion...

In mine too....:D

and no,eddie van halen did not invent tapping

Correct....it is said that even Paganini used tapping on acoustic guitars at the time....however no one integrated it in his playing style as well as Eddie and no one else made it as popular as it is today....

Has anyone in here read the topic of the thread at all????

why don't you tell us all about it then,since you know so much B)

write 2 pages of theory on why your favorite is technically more profficient than anyone elses...i am sure we will all read it and the respect for your intellect will be overflowing :D

have a good time hating kirk hammett if you want....even technicalprofficiency is still a matter of opinion...otherwise there would be no poll,now would there? :D

however no one integrated it in his playing style as well as Eddie and no one else made it as popular as it is today....

i still think hammett taps as well as eddie,and integrated it into his playing style quite well...so maybe that is opinion too :D

and i am sure alot of the youth today would say that they were inspired by hammett more than eddie...since eddie has not really been playing much lately

I'm surprised Satch isn't on the list but from what is there? hmmm....Eddie has been playing some innovating stuff to the masses for a long time now. Steve Vai would be up there on the top. I'm not into Yngwie but he does some crazy playing. Guess I'd have to put more thought into it but I'm not gonna B)

The question is who of the listed player hast THE BEST TECHNIQUE

I think he just wanted to correct the mispelled topic more than make a valid point. :D:D

one thing you have to admit about hammett..you know it is him as soon as you hear him...which i guess makes him more stylistic than some want to say

that is true, but today there are so many hammet style players that it is often hard to know if it is the man itself....B)

and i am sure alot of the youth today would say that they were inspired by hammett more than eddie

Very true....but luckily Van Halen has reunited....:D

i still think hammett taps as well as eddie

Learn some of Eddies solos then. The tapping Hammet does is very basic compared to Eddies. Eddie does tapped rythmus work, tapped overtones, tapped slides and bends all over the place. I can pull of most of Hammet's solos but most of Eddie's solos are damn impossible to play....maybe it's just me so....

that is true, but today there are so many hammet style players that it is often hard to know if it is the man itself....:D

who?i honestly can't think of one...maybe it is because i have listened to hammet so much...

the most similar i can think of is mustaine,but there is still a distinct seperation

maybe it is because i have listened to hammet so much...

This may very well be....as you already know hammet is a mediocre guitar player in my eyes and therefore I never studied his style in that detail....Btw. I have started to listen to Slayer after your recommendation and I really like the Seasons in the abyss album now. So you made me like Slayer, but you will never be able to convince me that hammet is a great guitarist....:D

So you made me like Slayer, but you will never be able to convince me that hammet is a great guitarist....:D

glad to hear you are developing some taste...but no,hammett is not in THAT league...but i really respect his early work...and as far as i am concerned he is the man

I know it's all opinion, so I'm not trying to tell anyone their opinion is 'wrong', but I have to admit, I've never found Hammett all that spectacular, either. He DOES play some good stuff, and I LIKE the fact that he 'over-used' his wah on the Black Album; however, he's still not in that upper echelon of players, as far as technique goes.

As far as INFLUENCE goes, he is, indeed, the man. Hundreds of thousands of people got into lead guitar playing because of that man.

Still, the thread was about technique.

Greg