my finshed rhoads

my rhoads project is finally finished. here are the pics:

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/m...ar_pics_034.jpg

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/m...ar_pics_033.jpg

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/m...ar_pics_031.jpg

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/m...ar_pics_036.jpg

this is my first guitar and i am very pleased with it. there are a few small mistakes but it is my first and imm only 14. it has great sound. great crunch, sounds like a jackson with seymore duncan JBs. the clean is very nice and full. i think the sortof crisp maple sound paired up with high output pickups sounds great. it was going to be a cherry red but the red turned out to be more of a pink so i went with the brown, i am very happy with it i like it more than red. i got the neck from a buddy of mine. there was a old fender guitar(the headstock was stripped down but imm pretty sure its a shomaster) lying around his basment with nothing in it, just the neck bridge and body. so i bought that and took the neck. the rest of the parts i got new. i got the wood for the body from my uncle that has a hardwood flooring buisness. my uncle hooked me up with a man that builds his own guitars mostly acustics he did the finish for me, and he only charged for the materials :D .

here are the specs:

body - maple rhoads

neck - shomaster (headstock cut down) maple

- rosewood finger board

- 22 frets, 25.5 inch scale

controls -1 volume 1 tone 3 way toggle

pickups- kent armstrong distortion humbuckers (13k)

hardware - hardtail bridge string through

- ping tuners

finish - dark mahogany brown

thanks for all the help everyone on the fourm has given me, great advice guys.

tell me what you think good or bad

cheers matt

killer lookin V my friend R would be proud :D

thanks guys. its not a vintage trem. its a trem with the block taken off and just bolted straight down like a hardtail bridge. i had that lying around and decided to use it instead of buying one. ya that headstock isint the greatest but there are not many ways to make a shomaster headstock more like a jackson stye one.

anybody else??

thanks, i never used any diagrams. i printed our a picture of a rhoads body(just cut the neck off in paint and printed it big enough to just fill the page) then i measured the neck width at the 20th fret in the picture and the 20th fret on my own guitar. then i found out how much i need to multiply the pic to get the actual width. (example, pic width 1inch , actual width 2.5inch's. you would multiply the pic by 2.5 to get the actual width. pic x 2.5 = actual width. ) the lengths i just gave are not real DONT USE THEM!!. measure all the lengths in the pic and multiply them by the # you got. all the angles will stay the same. i hope that helps you out. if you have any more questions just post them or private message me.

any more comments??

I think you did a great job, especially for a first. I'm not particular about the brown finish, as it seems to subdue an otherwise 'showboat' (in a good way) guitar style. I'm particularly glad to hear that you like the way it sounds, which is the ultimate test after all, anyhow!

Greg

thanks, i never used any diagrams. i printed our a picture of a rhoads body(just cut the neck off in paint and printed it big enough to just fill the page) then i measured the neck width at the 20th fret in the picture and the 20th fret on my own guitar. then i found out how much i need to multiply the pic to get the actual width. (example, pic width 1inch , actual width 2.5inch's. you would multiply the pic by 2.5 to get the actual width. pic x 2.5 = actual width. ) the lengths i just gave are not real DONT USE THEM!!. measure all the lengths in the pic and multiply them by the # you got. all the angles will stay the same. i hope that helps you out. if you have any more questions just post them or private message me.

any more comments??

Wait... so you took a picture of a guitar off the internet, and converted the measurements by using a crude ratio, and built the guitar based on that?? :D