The Sam-bone is done!!!!!!

Well after waiting a year for the speedloader, the right neck, modifiying the original FR cavity, finishing the neck and dressing it, the guitar is done and it plays perfectly. I can't take much credit considering I only did a small portion of the work but here goes. I ordered the body from warmoth and sent it to Doug Rowell for some custom carving and paint. The neck is from warmoth also. I sprayed the neck, sanded and buffed it and I decided to use the brass inserts instead of wood screws to attach the neck and it is great. I modified the back of the body for a AANJ. The only problem was the speedloader, it was not a direct replacement for a OFR so I had to modify the cavity with my router and repaint part of the body in that area. Any way take a look and enjoy.

My Webpage

nice!!!!

Was this inspired by George Lynch's "bones" guitar or just coincidence? I bet you feel pretty damn proud with that hanging on the wall (or strapped and plugged in!!!). Killer guitar dude!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have all of that work done (the body and neck)? Did it take a long time to get it back?

I was thinking about making the headstock a skeletons hand but the first couple of tries looked so bad I figure I need a lot more practice to make it right so maybe at a later date I will do something different up top.

Hmmmm, a boney hand flipping a birdie? Sorry... couldn't resist. :D

Hi Daveq,

Yes it was inspired by George Lynchs screaming skull guitar. The price, well the body from warmoth was about $150, the carving and painting was about $500 the neck was $200, pickup was laying around the house, the speedloader was $175 and I had the lacquer and other materials around the house. It took about 5 weeks for the body to be carved and painted.

I wasn't expecting that when I hit the link. That is awesome, lock your doors because I'm on my way round to pinch it :D

I think you should cover the eye sockets in frosted perspex and have red LED's under it so the eyes glow red, give all the kids nightmares.

I love it mate, you must be very proud