Made a lot of Dust Today,

This morning I had myself a homemade Ash body blank.

When i stopped this afternoon I had the following.

strat1.JPG

and the back...

strat2.JPG

It's going to be a 25 1/2" scale w/ 2 pc maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and some random p/u's in it (one that came out of a Series 8 guitar and 1 that I'm going to buy elsewhere).

It's going to be finished a la Squier Showmaster Rally Stripe here. (Notice similarities?)

This one will be black with silver stripes, and our personal headstock.

headstock1.gif

Decided to alter the headstock for 2 reasons

1. Personal Flare

2. I have 3 sets of unused 6 in a line tuners, and did not want to buy another

Total project cost ~$90-$100

Yo MKG

I don't know why, (maybe I'm just drunk) but the first impression I fely when I saw your Body way "ESP". The body shape "feels" like one of theirs (it's a GOOD thing!!!!). The prototype for the headstock doesn't "feel" the same, though..... Make it feel ESP-like and you will have a definite "Winner" on your hands......

Peace, amigo

To me, that body shape is screaming out for a somewhat Musicman-style headstock. I think it might be too contoured to pull off such a "pointy" headstock.

Even a Strat headstock would go nicely with that, I think - maybe with just a bit of tweaking to follow the swept look of the body.

Either way, killer shape.

I thought excatly the same about the westone shape, very cool, I love it!

I can't recall what a Westone looks like, but I certainly LIKE this one! Excellent curves and balance. I DO like the headstock, but I agree that it might not be the right one for this particular guitar. Looking forward to the development.

Greg

To me, that body shape is screaming out for a somewhat Musicman-style headstock. I think it might be too contoured to pull off such a "pointy" headstock.

Even a Strat headstock would go nicely with that, I think - maybe with just a bit of tweaking to follow the swept look of the body.

Either way, killer shape.

You may have a good point there.

Since this is a mix between an SG and a Strat, could you mutate those headstocks to get something. The SG and Strat are 3x3 and 6 in-line, so the MM 4x2 combination is good. What about 5x1? Can you even buy them like that?

thanks all for the good replies. I've taken the headstock ideas into consideration, and will start deliberating on a new oew, more appropriate one. It's going to paint as it stands, no front body bout (i sat with it, and it felt comfortable 'playing', and I didn't really feel like ruining the slick look a flat top can create)