The Maple Tree Out Back

This is my kick-ass Maple tree in it's heyday, when things were really ROCKIN' around here.

I think there are 10 bodies in this pic, and there were more inside, not ready for finish yet.

A neighbor stopped by while walking her dog and said it looked like a Christmas Tree for Guitars, hehehe.

For anyone who might not know, this is where I did all my lacquer shooting, under the old Maple tree out back. This was an extremely fine saturday afternoon.

:D The tree we had cut back this year, about a month ago, all those great branches are now completely gone, and only the pictures of those days remain. Besides, I don't think I'll ever be shooting 10 bodies all at the same time again. Damn I had a truckload of enthusiasm back then! :D

But since then I've turned 40 and it's all downhill now I'm afraid. Geezin' and wheezin' now. B):D

This pic is from summer 1999 (y'know, 'we're gonna party like it's 1999', hehehe)

I just took this w/ the digital camera from a 35mm print holding the camera about 4" away from the 35mm, so it's not the best quality and all that...

Guitar%20Tree.jpg

Pretty damn nice pic for your method of taking it! Would it be considered animal cruelty to spray lacquer around your dogs without them having a respirator?

Wow, my humor is really bad... course, only running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep... I'm not usually up for another 5 hours. I think I need some coffee... :D

Anyone want to donate me some money or parts or anything for my next project? B)

I read on a different thread that you'd never dream of selling one of your "babies"

Nooo...that was BROOD. I would never consider selling one of my BROOD, they are a motley lot.

:DB):D:D:DB)

What about the wall of death?

Forum policy prohibits me from showing that ghastly nighmare, it's still got dried up guitar blood and guts on it and all, not pleasant, especially for the newbs. B)B)B)

yeah i noticed that face scared the be jesus outta me

Yeah man, that face be Jesus allright. :D