Green Day..suk?

rokeros

i love that song, i hate rap and i hate hip hop, but for some reason whenever that comes on the radio in my bus i take off my metal-filled headphones and listen to it. and about metallica talking about how life sucks, yea but they are A. more creative with their music, B. they change their style for every album, those rare type of musicians who do things they like instead of what will make then another million dollars

PS i hate the fact that when greenday tours they have to have another guitarist because of all the multi-tracking in the studios, yes many others multi track but they brave it on stage, thats what seperates the "live version" from studio god they suck

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they have to recruit another member, or sell the audience short by not including the parts from the album, or compromise their vision for the sake of reproducability with a three piece?

My arse... as if anyone willing to defend the black eyed Peas has a right to question using hired gun musicians for back up...

they change their style for every album, those rare type of musicians who do things they like instead of what will make then another million dollars

Have you listened to St. Anger?

im only kidding though, most of my metallica worshipping friends ignore the fact that st anger was ever made. Sure i will agree that metallica is legendary though.

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

Exactly what Primal said, funny enough Tool is my favorite band. I have seen them live a number of time, and each time they played a different version, which as Primal said were more complicated than the regular version and the singer Maynard even jammed some on the guitar, simply amazing. One time they even melted like three instrumentals together to make the craziest jam session ever, so cool. And another time they brought out the people they let open for them to jam on percussion while they rocked out, I think it was Messhuga that was the band. Either very cool and the best band live EVER, always better than the album and never a mistake, also usually a bit longer than the album songs. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having someone play a couple fills for you, just because someone writes a song that is more complicated than 3 people to play doesn't mean anything bad, and actually the opposite it's a good thing, it's not they can't play those parts, it's they can't play two different parts at the same time. J

it just that "im hurting inside" characteristic of there music that todays teens identify with,write a song that talks about A. being individual B. hating your parents or C. how bad life sucks  and you'll hit it big because even though its all the same crap, kids eat it up. and if you hadnt guessed, i hate them

As compared to the same things in heavy metal? :D

I used to like Green Day. I still like they're stuff from Dookie and before when they were on Lookout Records, but not their new stuff so much. The old stuff was apolitical and had a lot of pop sensibility.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Green Day is the forerunner to more recent bands like Sum 41 and Good Charlotte. Just enough songs about bodily functions, drug use, and being a slacker to get kids to buy the records but not completely turn off the parents.

I loved Dookie when I was like, 16, but American Idiot and Billy singing "We Are The Champions" at Live 8 makes me vomit in my throat just a little. If there's a way money can be made off of the bodies of 2,110 dead American soldiers and a grieving nation, Green Day has found it.

HOW COME WHEN ITS SOME RANDOM POST I PUT UP IT GETS POPULATED IN TWO DAYS BUT WHEN I REALLY NEED HELP ON LUTHEIRY YOU GUYS JUST IGONORE? ON MY POST FOR THE ROKEROS AT1 I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A WEEK AND A HALF FOR A !!!SINGLE!!! REPLY AND STILL NOTHING !!!

ASH HK :D

I don't know what the question is but maybe its a piece of information that can be found in 30 seconds using the search button or google. Usually thats why some posts dont get answered.

Oh yes and please visit http://www.****inggoogleit.com replace the ****'s with the "F" word. Its funny....really.

HOW COME WHEN ITS SOME RANDOM POST I PUT UP IT GETS POPULATED IN TWO DAYS BUT WHEN I REALLY NEED HELP ON LUTHEIRY YOU GUYS JUST IGONORE? ON MY POST FOR THE ROKEROS AT1 I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A WEEK AND A HALF FOR A !!!SINGLE!!! REPLY AND STILL NOTHING !!!

ASH HK :D

Dude... there are 29 replies on that thread...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=20260

i dont keep up with greenday, or sum 41 (they used to have decent songs, what happened?) or good charlotte, or any other F#$ing wannabe band out there, which is about 90 percent of the air waves anyways.

As i sit here typing this, i have my Hamer explorer sitting in my lap, and with my brother humming some stupid green day crap, i was able to figure out almost the whole song, i mean, its pretty easy once you figure out 3 chords :D

Curtis

i dont keep up with greenday, or sum 41 (they used to have decent songs, what happened?) or good charlotte, or any other F#$ing wannabe band out there, which is about 90 percent of the air waves anyways.

Sum 41 did do a decent Metallica medley back when MTV gave them an award or something. I was actually surprised when their guitarist nailed the solo in Master of Puppets.

they are successful. I guess they got tired of being a three piece. What wrong with adding a member? Im glad they have stuck around. My personal favorite is kerplunk. I don't like metal bands, but im not got say they suck.! who am i judge weather its good or not? I know what i like, but im not gonna say another band sucks because im not into them or because they are successful.

I am not bashing Sum 41's abilities by any means. But i mean, come on, go from say, Fat Lip to Some Say, its a total downfall into what everyone else is doing.

I was just upstairs watching TV with my mother, she flipped on MTV for a minute, and Crazy came on by simple plan, and she asked me if i liked this band, I said no, and went into a big speech about why i dont like them, and how they pretty much just bellow their guts out about how their life sucks, or wanting to slash their wrists with a spoon :D

And about 30 seconds into that stupid Crazy song, there was some chick sittin there with a note book that said life sucks and death and blah blah blah, and i just told my mother "see, i told ya so" (she disagreed with me)

Curtis

Sum 41 are still realeasing as good a stuff as they were when they got popular with Fat Lip. I'm not a big fan, but one of my mates is so I hear their stuff fairly often.

They've done a song called "The Bitter End" which is a total tribute (or ripoff) of Battery by Metallica :D hahah. It's well done though, and I generally dont mind a lot of their stuff because they have a good dual guitar setup happening and they are both pretty tight players. They do little metal style instrumentals too which I like too :D

- Dan

Curtis, I couldn't agree more with you about Simple Plan. I find it so crazy how kids are listening to that crap and they think their life sucks, and get all depressed and blah blah blah, yet if they were to watch an occasional Dr. Phil they may realize that their life isn't that crappy after all.

Green Day out of all of them are more talented, especially in the writing field, but still, I'd rather listen to the Polyphonic Spree (if you can believe that) than have to listen to why the world sucks and all. It's funny because bands usually say "we're just making people aware", yea we get the friggan point and have for the last 10-15 years. But, on a side note, I think we should stop complaining and just go get our own record deals and write songs metaphorically speaking on how crappy they are, and maybe now and then trash them through interviews, therefore, it causes another Celebrity Boxing show where you can then beat the snot out of a band member, or the band members and claim victory over the pop-punk movement or whatever movement you want to take over.

Oh yeah. I got it all figured out and I'm so tired I'm going to bed :D lol

-Jamie

Interesting fact: Steve Vai thinks that "American Idiot" is quite a good album and one of the albums he bought and listens to at the time.

That said I hate Green Day. I dont like their songs, I dont like their attitutude, and that they cannot play their instruments is a fact I know from the engineer who took part in the Dookie recording process: All Drum Tracks were manually re-edited to be somewhat tight and in time via Protools(or what they used at the time). At least they are good songwriters if you like their style. I am not sure if they still write the songs themselves though....

Everyone keeps saying that they can't play for crap, maybe while making dookie they still sucked but that was what 8-10 years ago or something, after touring all that time and putting out many more records some of which have won some serious awars, I highly doubt that they still have problems playing. Everyone sucks at first, it takes time to get good, think about it they have been touring probably much longer than many of us have even playing guitar, and on tour most of the time you must play your instrument and play it well otherwise noone will like you. Greenday never made the promise that they would be a super techincal epic band, there was no ficade put out, they just played what they wanted and said what they wanted if you like it cool if you don't, well then don't listen. To sit there and say they have no talent is straight ignorant, how many of you have hit records, how many of you have gone on tour year in year out, how many have 5+ records that were top sellers, damn if someone with no talent can do so well I would like to see how well someone with talent does. What is boils down to is everyone that says they don't like them, don't like them because it isn't their style of music, so to rip on them because you listen to other things is lame, a bunch of people here don't like them but some of us have respect for them because we know what it takes to do what they have done. So instead of ripping on them more go out win a bunch of awards tour for 8-10 years and come back and insult them, because by then you will have a better understanding for what they have done and not just heard a couple songs on the radio and hated them. If you don't like that type of music fine, but you need to show some respect, they have done and been through a ton and are still very successful. J

"Hey, we're not Green Day, so it'll be more than three minutes long."

- Maynard James Keenan announcing the last song at one of their concerts

Is the singer from Tool successful enough to bash Green Day?

*BIG ass grin*

:D

He is definately allowed to bash them and considering the talent in that band I think it's funny. Was that a concert you saw or did you hear about that. Whats so cool about tool is their concerts are never the same, even consecutive dates end up being different, I guess it keeps it interesting for them playing differently all the time. Ijust had to laugh when I read your post Primal, good call. J

He is definately allowed to bash them and considering the talent in that band I think it's funny.  Was that a concert you saw or did you hear about that. Whats so cool about tool is their concerts are never the same, even consecutive dates end up being different, I guess it keeps it interesting for them playing differently all the time. Ijust had to laugh when I read your post Primal, good call. J

http://www.toolpantheon.com/quotes.htm

Your source of Tool quotes. :D