8 String Guitar For Connor Brown Of Putrefy

Yep, I do it as standard now. I think I stole it from Mark Swanson, and god knows where he saw it first. It's a very sexy look.

I promised to post a demo on how I do it, but I'm having computer trouble, and can't get the *$%£! pictures off my digital camera onto the computer. As soon as I get that sorted I'll post it.

Mr.Gums - lookin very nice, and clean - I love teh clean!

Setch: get ye a USB card reader.

Seriously. So much less hassle than plugging in a camera.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, it's the problem. The USB reader on my computer (running ubunto) works fine, and mounts the flash card everytime. The one on my windows machine (which I use for image editting) is a picky bastard, and won't mount the card.

I've tried using the GIMP to edit my images, but it makes my brain hurt.

the arched bak veneer isnt rocket science, you just have to coerce the wood to co-operate, bully the thing!

heres what i did:

100_2114.jpg

(poor pic i know, sorry)

first soak the veneer in hot water on the stove, then bend it round a rolling pin and allow to dry outside for an hour, once thats done its more or less the right shape for joining.

Then just clamp the flat part down first, then squeeze a rolling pin against the curve and clamp!

I like the headstock. It fits all 8 tuners well and looks to be a straight string pull over the nut.

It would be a little pointy to me on a 6 string but hey, there's 8 tuners on that beast so it's expected. Still flows well.

Lookin forward to seein it with a finish. I like green! :D

I like the headstock. It fits all 8 tuners well and looks to be a straight string pull over the nut.

It would be a little pointy to me on a 6 string but hey, there's 8 tuners on that beast so it's expected. Still flows well.

Lookin forward to seein it with a finish. I like green! :D

I'm really liking the clean work.

Ps. Which uni you returning to? Good luck!

Wow, very professional looking, and the shape definitely works for me. But why a two-piece maple cap as if it were bookmatched when it's not (unless I'm blind)? I would have just gone one-piece.

I've also been trying some staining using the black, sand back THEN colour method which i believe Ritter uses to achieve those ocean deep quilted finishes:

:

GREEEEN.jpg

and.....................

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/THI...S/GREENNNNN.jpg

Nice, but the pics are too big, resize pease!

Edited by Maiden69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...