tools to start?

SguitarM527

if you have read any of my other posts,you would have figured out im ready to venture into the amazing world of building guitars... i am apporaching the time where i will start my first project, and im wondering... im hearing alot about various tools that people use... which tools are absolutely necissary vs. optional for building a custom guitar?

thebandsaw.jpg

Bandsaws are useful

sander.jpg

I shape necks with this

bigdrillpress.jpg

I'd get a drillpress, though maybe not as big

therouter.jpg

You will need a router

theroutertable.jpg

Maybe a router table

ashtools.jpg

Hand drill and palm sander are helpful

dsvac.jpg

Useful for cleanup

theclamps.jpg

You will need an assortment of clamps

thenutfrettools.jpg

Nut slotting files are helpful, as well as radiusing blocks, neck cauls, fretting hammer and files for fret work

spraygear.jpg

You'll need a compressor and gun unless you are going to use spray cans or apply the finish by hand

...This is just what I use

Started my first project last week and here is what I've....

....Borrowed:

Router

Workmate

Jigsaw

Clamps (about 8)

Planes (1 small, 1 large - being used as a sanding block because it's crap)

Spokeshave

....Own:

Sandpaper

Chisel, Rasps, Surform (bought today - again. Lost them last time trying to carry them home in my pocket on a motorbike, which isn't fun when you know a chisel is pointing towards your knackers should you fall off)

....Blagging:

All bandsawing and planing down blanks by a local cabinet maker who works for beer (very handy).

There will be some more stuff needed as we go on but this is enough to get me quite a way through. Decided that I was never going to start if I waited untill I had all the tools, so I'm buying them as and when I can afford them. Hope the missus gets me a palm sander for christmas because sanding by hand has lost its charm.