• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I was thinking that maybe there was a version of it with less features or something. When did you get it? Is it easy to get started or do you need to study the manuals/help for a while?

And to think I was feeling guilty for thinking about getting a $99.00 package - I'll just tell me wife - look it could be much worse. :D

Is it easy to get started or do you need to study the manuals/help for a while?

well,i was unfamiliar with any type of recording software whatsoever,so i had to study...but the manual has some recording tutorials which help....i first loaded it about 2 weeks ago,but all i have really figured out so far is recording live instruments...i haven't tackled the midi instruments

i also don't know what to compare it to...i have never tried any others

i went to a demo for all in one portable recording stations, so when i picked up mine it was pretty easy, just have to check the manual every now and then for special stuff like moving guitar patches from one song to another, or editing/positioning tracks.... the rest... effects, drums and recording are all pretty much 3 buttons that are clearly lableled...

i kind of like that tone i am getting...do you have good speakers curtis?

because i have 2 computers...one with decent speakers(i just ordered active monitors yesterday...when they come in it will be cool)and one with little dinky crap speakers....on the crap speakers i hear no tone whatsoever,but on the good speakers i hear a good heavy tone

maybe if you have a buddy with good computer speakers you could give it another listen and tell me if you hear a difference?

sounds like the type of heavy you're asking about is how many mids your tone has.. at least that's one way i've always guaged my own tone for "heaviness".. right now it's kinda heavy but could use some tweaking, crisper highs, little less mids, fatter bass... course this coming from the guy that absolutely hates using mic's.

got a small clip here if anyone is interested in telling me that i suck

I'm sort of disappointed because I was looking forward to telling you that you suck, but I can't because that clip rocks. :D

haha...thanks...i figured alot of guys have been waiting to slam me so i figured i would put it out there...

i am so eager to figure out the rest of this software and finish the whole song..

sounds like the type of heavy you're asking about is how many mids your tone has.. at least that's one way i've always guaged my own tone for "heaviness".. right now it's kinda heavy but could use some tweaking, crisper highs, little less mids, fatter bass... course this coming from the guy that absolutely hates using mic's.

actually i meant the writing itself....

I think that'll be easier to tell with the rest of the "band" recorded.

:D my bad, the writting is hard to judge before we hear the whole thing braught together, is there going to be a lead? that kinda ties into the sound... but right now i'd say you're right up there with the old metallica stuff and megadeth area... i don't listen to alot of other metal though, other then inflames...

Dont worry its heavy. Its not extreme like Cryptopsy or Nile. But by the sounds of it you werent trying to write a death metal song. This sounds more thrash inspired and it reminds of At the Gates and/or The Haunted. You better post this full song soon! :D

Wes, I don't know if we are close in age or not (I'm 34) but that sounds heavy to me. I can imagine with some drums punding away and a bass thumping in the background - that would have the place rock'n. :D:D

Do you dabble in lead playing also or do you like to stick to the rythm stuff? I like both but I spend more time messing around with lead stuff for some reason.

As for the sound - I wouldn't go changing much - I like it as is. I think with the other instruments it will really shine. Of course, I have zero recording knowledge B) but you have inspired me to check into getting something.

Wes, I don't know if we are close in age or not (I'm 34) but that sounds heavy to me. I can imagine with some drums punding away and a bass thumping in the background - that would have the place rock'n. :D:D

Do you dabble in lead playing also or do you like to stick to the rythm stuff? I like both but I spend more time messing around with lead stuff for some reason.

As for the sound - I wouldn't go changing much - I like it as is. I think with the other instruments it will really shine. Of course, I have zero recording knowledge B) but you have inspired me to check into getting something.

i am 32

yeah i"dabble" in lead playing...i am not very good at writing leads and i am only half assed at playing them...you will see soon as i am working on a clip of "jump in the fire" with the first lead in it...but first i have to learn how to properly match the tracks...i will be experimenting with latency settings tomorrow

but i am rythm guy...hard for me to find the time to stay tight on rythm and fluid on lead at the same time...so i usually fluctuate between them...right now my rythm playing is good and my lead work is suffering

and thanks to all for the kind words...i guess i expected more "you suck"types of comments :D

My vote is heavy. No it's not "death" metal, I guess if you were going for labels, I'd say thrash. Heavy, speedy, tight.

Good stuff. Keep working those lead chops; I'm now expecting some Hammet-inspired leadwork for the next round of posts.

Oh, and FINISH the tune. These teasers are like Hersey's Kisses, one or two are never enough!

I'm now expecting some Hammet-inspired leadwork for the next round of posts.

Oh, and FINISH the tune. These teasers are like Hersey's Kisses, one or two are never enough!

well if that is what you are expecting then you will be happy with my lead work...

and yes i will finish recording it....but expect more teasers as well :D

You can always just do some Slayer inspired solo's just as long as you have a locking bridge :D oh and im 18 and listen to alot of metal, some very extreme metal. And i still think those clips sound plenty heavy so dont think its "old man metal" B)

You can always just do some Slayer inspired solo's just as long as you have a locking bridge :D oh and im 18 and listen to alot of metal, some very extreme metal. And i still think those clips sound plenty heavy so dont think its "old man metal" :D

thanks,youngster...i appreciate it.

i would hate to think that it sounds to you like iron maiden and judas priest do to me B)