Project Guitar TShirts

I thought that there could be enough interest in this so that it deserved its own thread. Link to my original suggestion here...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...ic=10971&st=159

Basically, I think it would be cool to have a Project Guitar tshirt. With all of the changes that we are going under, and with the urge to take Project Guitar to the next level, I think a cool tshirt would be a great advertisement for the site. I also think it would be a great kudo for anyone that's a dedicated member of the site as well. I'd certainly wear one with pride.

Project Guitar doesn't really have a logo, at least nothing beyond the words "Project Guitar" as they appear on the main site. If Brian has no objections, perhaps we could start drawing up some ideas for PGTee.

What do y'all think?

Could get a contest on the third batch as the first one is done and gone and the second one is in the works. They have this logo on them

pgbanner1.gif

If you'll notice the Guidence was spelled wrong for the first batch and has been corrected on the second set, also they say Project Guitar.com instead of the following website. My friend Darren is printing them and lives in Pensacola which of course is being threatened by Ivan at the moment :D.

My vote would be for a small Projectguitar logo (plus slogan "where internet goes to work...etc.") in orange and white on black for the front (on the pocket area), and the words SEARCH FIRST, done up in the Project Guitar logo font on the back in REALLY big lettering. I don't know what font it is, if any in particular, so a graphic designer would be in order for that one.

And these things could be made for probably $15 each including tshirts, so if they sold fo $20 or $25, they'd be a huge profit source for the site.

and the words SEARCH FIRST, done up in the Project Guitar logo font on the back in REALLY big lettering.

Are you serious? :D

I would be perfectly happy with this:

My PG shirt design.

Here it is in action.

That's actually really nice. Very to the point. The only thing I might add is the www.projectguitar.com web addy on there some place. Perhaps under "Where the ... on guitars" line in the same font. The only potential problem with the design is that black tees with lighter lettering cost more to produce.

Oh, and spell check is critical! I nearly ordered a batch of CD's with a HUGE TYPO! Thank goodness I caught it in time. I'd post the design before printing it just to let some extra eyes review it just to be sure.

Glad to see that this idea isn't dead yet. I think it's really a good idea, and a great way to show support for the site. B)

The only thing I might add is the www.projectguitar.com web addy on there some place. Perhaps under "Where the ... on guitars" line in the same font.

http://www.projectguitar.com/images/logo.gif

Well, there's our logo; how bout just the addy on the front on the pocket area, and the whole thing in a large size on the back?

I'm sure people will pay what it costs for the light on dark printing. Unless it's completely absurd, I don't think that will make any difference.