New Guitar Design

the only thing i really see that sticks out is the upper edge of the body where your picking hands forearm would rest, it seems like that cut is right where your arm would rest.

well I was looking at that and you may be right so I'll start a up temp and see how it goes thanks for the heads up MzI :D

Have you considered making the headstock match the one of the horns? If you make it curve up, it gives the headtsock a scimitar-like feel. If you curve it down, it looks more claw-like. Neither would be symetrical, but neither is your body... and that's part of what makes it look so cool. Look for something that matches the assets of the body.

Iam not sure what you mean :D maybe you could do up a rough pic or somthing for me??

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya Iam realy haveing a hard time with this headstock design I not sure what would go well with the guitar maybe I could get some ideas from you guy's what do you think would fit this beter sugestons/info/hint's/pics/ anything for me to work with would be cool!! Thanks and oh ya the inlay idea is gone

Well, i made a headstock suggestion, and i'd like to make another... USE MORE COMMAS AND PERIODS!

Well, i made a headstock suggestion, and i'd like to make another... USE MORE COMMAS AND PERIODS!

OK,OK calm down :D I saw your headstock and I like it but I'd like to see as many as I can before I pick a style I like as for the whole [uSE MORE COMMAS AND PERIODS!] sorry but I get in a rush some times and Iam not all that great with my grammer,spelling and all that but that's not why I'am hear, guitar's and learing how to build them and showing others what I know that's why I'am hear so thanks for the headstock design and sorry for the bad grammer but it's not going away anytime soon!!HAHAHA B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Matt, you seem to have a ton of ambition. If you don't mind me saying so, I'd like to see you concentrate on one project at a time. You've shown us some bodies and drawings but I can't recall ever seeing one get finished.

If you were to focus on one guitar, plan it out completely, get all the wood, parts, etc. and then build it, I think you'd learn so much more about this hobby.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm only trying to help. And by all means, I'm only here to learn as well, so if you have any advice for me, I'd love to hear it. I wish my project guitar got as much attention as your drawings! :D

Keep up the good work!

Dave

www.downinfrontht.com

Matt, you seem to have a ton of ambition. If you don't mind me saying so, I'd like to see you concentrate on one project at a time. You've shown us some bodies and drawings but I can't recall ever seeing one get finished.If you were to focus on one guitar, plan it out completely, get all the wood, parts, etc. and then build it, I think you'd learn so much more about this hobby. I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm only trying to help. And by all means, I'm only here to learn as well, so if you have any advice for me, I'd love to hear it. I wish my project guitar got as much attention as your drawings! Keep up the good work!

Dave

Well Dave your right to a point. I do focus on one guitar at a time It's just that some are not my best work so I work the most on the one's I like and I have finished guitar's before but I gave them all up a while ago because of some life stuff that hapend and I needed to work on myself for a while, anyway part of the reason that there's not a lot being done on any one guitar is that I have to build 3 guitars for friends and my shop is way out of town so it's hard to get out there all the time and I dont have a lot of time for my own work right now but I still love to design my own guitars I love it just as much as building them maybe that's my calling in life designing guitar's. So thanks for helping Dave and pointing out some of my stuff,and,flaws BUT now I cant wait to find some of yours!! HA HA AH B)

So thanks for all the kind word's and I will get this one done and some of the others I hope :D

Ya Iam realy haveing a hard time with this headstock design I not sure what would go well with the guitar maybe I could get some ideas from you guy's what do you think would fit this beter sugestons/info/hint's/pics/ anything for me to work with would be cool!! Thanks and oh ya the inlay idea is gone

yeah it really frosts my cake to see guys writing like this punctuation never hurts also doesn't hurt to use few capital letters or can try whole sentences instead of disconnected phrases sometimes hard to tell when one thought begins and another ends this is not a bad rule of thumb if you have thumbs for what its worth in my opinion my two cents word to your mother

Very expressive creation. I prefer the first headstock. The second one is rather "Ovational" with an edge, pun intended.

You can totally rule out any contracts with Daisy guitars as well!

I appreciate your expression though guitar design although I fail at the whole metal death thing. Maybe a wilting rose inlay to add some tension.

WOW!! That thing look's awsome I realy like the botom right hand side, the shape of it just looks right to me the rest of guitar look's good but I think the line's could use some work but that's just me all'en'all that's one cool axe!! thanks PerryL

I was cruzin the web yesterday and thought of you matt. PointyGuitars.com have a submission section and this was the one that brought to mind your new design. g1fbody.jpg

:D Looks like you discovered my buddy Ken Patins guitars , check out www.yavcon.com ..... Yavcon is now part of MCS.

Well I took a look and I fell of my seat!! :D It's realy cool to see outher's out there with the same passion for extrem guitars that I have. Deadly stuff I love how he use's beautiful woods for brutal guitars.Your buddy kick's ass :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

headstocknew12.jpg

Well I came up with this after I got of work what do you think.

i like that new one much better than the first. the first seemed kinda stubby to me. the new elongated one is much better IMO.

i'm not much into pointy guitars, but your designs are some of the only ones i can stand. it's nice to see someone who knows how to design a guitar that is tastefully brutal.

i really want to see you finish one of these.

DEATHVIPER12.jpg

EDIT:>hears a new pick with the planed changes what do you think???

Ya I know it need's some work but I think the design is sound.I'am thinking of makeing this one a 7-string but I'am not sure where to mount the tuning mahines so that I don't need string tree's anyone have any idea's

Thanks

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

yes you can.they have a new fixed bridge speedloader that is supposed to come out in january of 05(that is next month)

Hey wes do you know If that fixed bridge system comes in 7-string as well If so That would be deadly. Does any one have any pic's of a speedloader or maybe one in action that they could show me?? That might help me get some idea's.

Thanks