If Only I Can Be This Confident In My Guitars

yeah that has to be awful for the neck. i don't think i would want something that strong anyway, can you imagine doing truss adjustments?

Why do you think he's standing on it in the first place? The guy on the right is holding a hex-wrench with a 3 foot cheater bar just out of shot... :D

Seriously, the neck may not be breaking, but it certainly is deflecting something wicked - look how curved it is!

yeah setch, i was thinking the same.

surely with that much flexing something on the neck is going to give?!

the glue is bound to start cracking, the fretboard should be popping off, paintwork all to hell.

i reckon either this guitar was knackered anyway and they thought they'd settle a pub bet. or, it belongs to someone they really dont like. :D

Yeah, deadmike, the glue holding on the fretboard must be awesome if it didn't do any damage. Do the math on a 3/16" piece of even high-stregth steel rod and dis dude has FAR exceeded the modulus of elasticity. Into the mode of mechanical deformation. What an idiot! Should be a Wieght-Watchers ad.

I guess you guys aren't SRV fans. On Live at El Mocambo, he grabs the headstock of number one, sets the guitar on the floor at a slight angle and puts his feet on the horns and starts pulling the headstock towards him (basically standing on the guitar and pulling the neck up)! He's got a big ol' pair of s**t kickers on and looks like he's putting all of his leg and arm strength into it. I've never seen anything like that. He kept using number 1 with that same neck for like the next 6 years, and the neck was already about 25 years old at the time!

ADMIN EDIT- watch the language folks.

Sorry Admin. :D

Edited by javacody

I guess you guys aren't SRV fans. On Live at El Mocambo, he grabs the headstock of number one, sets the guitar on the floor at a slight angle and puts his feet on the horns and starts pulling the headstock towards him (basically standing on the guitar and pulling the neck up)! He's got a big ol' pair of s**t kickers on and looks like he's putting all of his leg and arm strength into it. I've never seen anything like that. He kept using number 1 with that same neck for like the next 6 years, and the neck was already about 25 years old at the time!

I saw that, I almost crapped my pants :D