Emerald

daveq

Thanks again!

I just wanted to clarify what I meant about the 8 months thing - We just sold our house and will be moving to an apartment soon. I most likely won't be able to access my tools and won't have room for a shop at all. So, I thought it would be a good time to take a break from building and concentrate on playing these things for a while (in addition to taking care of the family, of course).

My bank account could use the time away from building anyway. I hate to think how much has been spent up to this point :D. I do have one last guitar that I'd like to share with you guys. I just need to find some time to finish sand and clear it. I think you'll like it - it's got LED's (some sarcasm there B) but really - it does)!

I'll still hang around and help if I can. I'll probably be bugg'n the people in the players corner more than anything else. I just hope I don't start jones'n too hard looking at your projects over the next 8 months.

AH dont worry I think well all keep buging you about comming back and building more guitar's over the next 8 months B)

"it's in your blood you must come back to us"

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I can't belive that you bought a house that don't have an area to work on. Is like a monk buying a house with out a santuary. :D

But seriously talking, good luck with your new home. I'm looking for one my self, but it will definately have a 2 car garage, and a big yard to make my shop in the back and the garage to install the paint booth.

No - the new house won't be ready until July. We need to live in a temporary place until then. Once we're in the new house, I'll have lots of shop space and lots of space for my guitar gear. I'm looking into getting some sound proofing material for that area also. It should be real nice but it's going to take a while. :D

That's funny you mention the maple board. I love maple fretboards. Of the last three guitars I have built recently, two of them had curly maple fretboards. I love the look of them. I just thought that it was time for a change. I also thought that the ebony would show off the sterling silver inlay a bit more.

I'm also a big fan of the RG550. That thing treated me well over the years. It's in pieces now but someday I hope to get it all back looking good again. The fretboard has a big long crack in it though - I'll probably need to replace that someday. Love those guitars though.

I just bought an RG550 in October. It's my second electric guitar, and it is so nice! It's an 1987 DY, and feels so smooth.

One question for you RG guys - is there any easy way to make the trem bar stay where I put it? I would rather have it stay near my hand than dangle down, sometimes I grab for it and miss there. Is there anything I can do rather than buy new bushings?

thanks guys.

I try the sweeping deal, most guys make it look like part of the pick stoke almost but don't really move my hand that much at all, which is why i would like to have it stay up near my hand.

trust me,you get used to reaching for it alot easier than you get used to it being up in the way....especially for styles of music where you have alot of pick hand movement.

once you get some practice on it,it is second nature

Good Point.

Now that I think about it, the only reason that I wanted to have it stay was because I play it sitting down, and the bar always gets caught on my leg. I am waiting until christmas to get a strap for it :D , but next week I can start grabbing for that bar all I want B)

Edited by bowser